Teri Beth's Week In Review

What I Read This Week

I went on a Krista & Becca Ritchie reading binge this week! I read one book and couldn't stop! I have tried to avoid spoilers as each book is a continuation of the story with one being a spin-off.

 Addicted to You (Addicted Series 1) by Krista & Becca Ritchie
  ARC provided by publishers via NetGalley
I can’t really decide how I feel about this book. There are parts I love and then there are parts that were just kinda meh. The idea of this story had me intrigued, it sounded different. It definitely was. Lily and Lo are addicts and they enable each other’s separate addictions. I LOVED this aspect of the story, getting to know them and their addictions, and how they have dealt with them over the years. But then things went kinda downhill. The story got slow and I was wanting things to hurry up and happen. Finally stuff did start happening, very quickly, almost too quickly for how slow the story had been going. Addicted to You was very well written, it drew me into the story, and even when things were dragging I still enjoyed the writing style. Along with Lily and Lo, I loved getting to know the other characters. While I wasn't enthralled with some parts of this story, I am very invested in Lily and Lo’s relationship and so ready to jump right into the next book to see what happens.

Ricochet (Addicted Series 1.5) by Krista & Becca Ritchie 
Holy crap am I glad I gave this series a chance! I’m gonna try to be vague here. Ricochet picks up right where Addicted to You left us. This book more so follows Lily and her issues instead of focusing on Lily and Lo. Man, I missed Lo in this one but everything that is happening is necessary for their relationship and their addictions. We really start to understand Lilly’s addiction, as does she. I felt for her. I loved the glimpses into the past as well; it made me appreciate Lily and Lo’s relationship more than I had in Addicted to You. This book is also better paced in my opinion than the first, it didn’t drag or happen to fast, and it flowed naturally for the amount of time that passes. The writing again is wonderful and kept me intrigued. Yea, I’m addicted to this series now!

Addicted for Now (Addicted Series 2) by Krista & Becca Ritchie
AND BAM! THAT IS HOW YOU CONTINUE A SERIES! There’s a bit of a mystery and hurdles and struggles for the couple to overcome TOGETHER, not apart. All I know to say without spoiling the series is that this is the BEST book of the series and I am absolutely in LOVE with it! This installment continues the story of Lily and Lo, as they work to try to overcome their addictions and support one another. This book makes you feel for them, root for them, and just all around LOVE them. Addicted for now is also written in dual POV, thank you! I loved being in Lo’s head and seeing things from his perspective. We also get to know all of the secondary characters a bit more, I’m just as invested in their lives as I am Lily and Lo’s. This series may have started out slow but it has now turned into one of my favorites!

Kiss the Sky by Krista & Becca Ritchie 
Kiss the Sky can be read as a stand-alone but I HIGHLY recommend reading the Addicted series before this. There you get to know the back story of the characters. But instead of focusing on Lily and Lo, this book is all about Rose Calloway and Connor Cobalt. We met them in previous books, got to know them, but everything I thought I knew was thrown out the window, especially when it comes to Connor Cobalt! (I’m still trying to pick my jaw up off the floor when it comes to him). Lily, Lo, Rose, Connor, Ryke, and Daisy are doing a reality show. That’s right up my alley! I loved the premise of this story. I loved seeing Rose and Connor's relationship progress, their banter keeps them entertaining. The writing yet again was superb and the plot creative and original with beautifully flawed characters that you can’t help but love and get lost in their world. This book kept me on my toes wondering what would happen next for the couple and their friends, what drama might unfold next in front of millions of viewers. While I loved getting to know Rose and Connor, some of my favorite scenes involved Lily and Lo, it was great seeing them through someone else’s eyes. This series just keeps getting better and better. I absolutely cannot wait for Daisy and Ryke’s story next!

What I Can't Wait To Read

Hothouse Flower by Krista & Becca Ritchie
Daisy & Ryke's story! I'm so excited! Out March 28th


 Thrive (Addicted Series 2.5) by Krista & Becca Ritchie
 Lily and Lo are back! This bridges the gap between Addicted for Now and Addicted After All.
Coming 2014 
GOODREADS 

Addicted After All (Addicted Series 3)
The conclusion of the Addicted Series. This already makes me sad.
Coming 2014
GOODREADS 

Yea, I'm pretty obsessed with and addicted to this series and Krista & Becca Ritchie! I read all the books out within five days and these are not short books! They consumed me and it's all I could think about when I wasn't reading, so I didn't spend much time without my kindle! I now have a book hangover and I'm already dying for my next Addicted fix! These are must reads, MUST READS! 

No comments

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!