Teri Beth's Week in Review

What I Read This Week

Some Like it Royal by Heather Long
 ARC provided by publishers via NetGalley
Some Like it Royal was a cute read. The characters likeable, the storyline enjoyable, and the ending adorable. There were a few times I became bored with Daniel getting all nerdy but I still liked him. Overall, this was sweet and quick. Unfortunately, it’s not a very memorable read but I definitely enjoyed it while reading! - 3 stars!

Sex Love Repeat by Alessandra Torre
 ARC provided by publishers via NetGalley
This was my second Alessandra Torre novel and it did not disappoint! The synopsis had me intrigued and I was hooked by the first page. I couldn’t put this book down; I needed to know more about this twisted love triangle. You have Madison, Stewart, and Paul. This is a triangle like no other. I started Sex Love Repeat thinking I wouldn’t like Madison. I usually have problems with characters sleeping with more than one person, but there’s something about her, she’s so easy to like. And just when we start to get comfortable with this triangle, HELLO PLOT TWIST! Alessandra Torre knows how to draw a reader in, get them comfortable, then pull the rug out from under their feet and turn the story upside down, yet still leave them with that warm and fuzzy happy feeling in the end! 
4.5 stars!

Unravel by Calia Read
Upon finishing this story, I was at a loss for words. I still am. How do you accurately describe a feeling when you’re not sure what it is you’re feeling? Unravel grabbed my attention from the beginning. I was trying to unravel Naomi’s truths along with her, trying to piece together the story she was telling. But unfortunately, I couldn’t. This book, it’s riveting, it’s heartbreaking, and it’s beautiful. Calia Read weaves together a tale full of well-developed twists and turns. I practically read Unravel in one sitting. Had I stopped and thought about the story and what I had learned at different points, I may have been able to foresee the ending, but I didn’t. The story was too consuming. So for me, when Naomi and I unraveled the truth together it was mind-blowing. I wanted to sit and weep for the characters once it was over. I am a huge Calia Read fan and I have to say this is her best book yet! I’ve always loved her writing and how she makes you feel for the story and the characters but she outdid herself with Unravel. I already want to read this one again. - 5 Stars! 

What I May Read Next

The Summer I Found You by Jolene Perry

  Or maybe....

 A Basic Renovation by Sandra Antonelli

Or I could read...

  Down by the Water by Anna Cruise

Or I may read something completely different! 

No comments

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!