Teri Beth's Week in Review

What I Read This Week

The Dumont Diaries by Alessandra Torre
Whoa. I’m ecstatic I got talked into reading this book! It’s sexy, mysterious, and a little messed-up but I LOVED that about it. I was intrigued by the very first page and couldn’t stop reading. This story surprised me at every turn. If you are looking for something a little different and a lot sexy, I’d highly recommend THE DUMONT DIARIES! Alessandra Torre has a new fan! - 5 Stars!
GOODREADS/AMAZON

Before You Break by Christina Lee
 ARC provided by publishers via NetGalley
When I started Before You Break, I did not realize this was the second book in a series, but it can absolutely be read as a standalone. I was able to tell who was in the first book and a few facts from it, but if anything it made me curious and want to read book one.
But back to the story of Ella and Quinn, it was a very heartfelt read. Ella was a great character, so strong and caring. I felt for her in what she went through with losing someone close to her but it nice seeing a character that wasn’t damaged by the past. She found ways to deal with her grief and help others. Quinn is carrying around a lot of guilt from losing his best friend after high school; he’s not living his life for himself. The chemistry between these is sexy and sweet. I fell for these characters and was completely wrapped up in their relationship, which progressed at a realistic pace. Christina Lee did a wonderful job portraying Ella and Quinn’s emotions without it being ridiculously angsty or over the top, making everything feel more realistic. Before You Break is a beautiful story of moving past guilt and grief to having hope and love. I look forward to reading more from this author in the future! – 4 stars
Available 2/18 
 
Playing by the Rules by Imelda Evans 
ARC provided by publishers via NetGalley 
Wow. I feel like it took me WEEKS to read this book when in reality it was just a few days. It was wordy. It took me quite a while to get into the story but when I finally did I enjoyed it! It kept me wondering what would happen between Josh and Kate. I always do love a good best friend’s brother story. Kate, she was a tad bit annoying but I understand her, I understood her need for plans and how bent out of shape she was from things not going by the plan. I’ll admit I’m the same way. Josh is care-free moving around often, following no plan, and he’s a total sweetheart. 
“Take one old crush, pass him off as a new fiancé, mix in a broken heart, a couple of mothers and a best friend with ideas and things were bound to get complicated.” 
This sums of Playing by the Rules perfectly. It was a bit of a mess and a little complicated but enjoyable too! - 3 Stars! 

In Bloom by Katie Delahanty
Check out my full review HERE.

What I Look Forward to Reading

White is for Virgins
This book randomly caught my eye when scrolling through Amazon. Looks interesting!

Deer in Headlights by Staci Hart
I have been eying this book for awhile! About time I read it.

 That's about it! I'm a mood reader, there's no telling what I'll actually end up reading!

No comments

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!