Review: IN PURSUIT by Olivia Luck

Eddie Neff needs space. Not the type that country stars croon about, but physical distance from her emotionally distant father and the tatters of a broken relationship. So when the opportunity to relocate her life and interior design business arises, the answer comes easily.
Adjusting to life with Claire, her gregarious new roommate, is more than simply testing comfort limits. With just one meeting, Eddie finds herself unable to resist the draw of Harris Grant, Claire’s brooding and overprotective older brother.
Harris doesn’t fit her idea of a safe relationship. He pushes Eddie to face her deepest insecurities and fears of abandonment. And Harris holds on to his own painful loss, unable to overcome personal demons.
Eddie and Harris must learn to conquer their internal struggles. But as they navigate their new love, outside forces fight to drive them apart.

Add to GOODREADS.
ARC provided by author. 

REVIEW

IN PURSUIT follows Eddie as she moves to Chicago, away from her friends, father, and ex-boyfriend. She needed to start over. I enjoyed getting to know Eddie. She’s a fairly shy girl, but has a take-charge attitude when it comes to her career. I liked that she had a career as an interior designer and also blogged about it; I thought it was a really neat concept. Eddie’s friend from back home hooked her up with a great place to live in the city with Claire Grant, who happens to have a hot and broody older brother, Harris.

Eddie is immediately attracted to Harris but at first, the attraction isn’t mutual. Harris is a bit odd to me, I feel like I didn’t really get to know him. Sure, he’s hot but I wanted to know the man. Unfortunately, I just didn’t feel a connection to him. Or maybe I’ve just gotten spoiled from reading dual POV’s. Either way, since I didn’t connect with his character, it seemed their feelings developed too fast; I wanted more of an emotional bond between the couple but instead it was mainly physical. Maybe had I known Harris better, I would have been more attached to their relationship. Granted, there’s no denying the sizzle between Eddie and Harris when they are near each other. 

Aside from their relationship, IN PURSUIT has a quite bit of drama thrown in. Well, technically there’s drama in their relationship as well. I enjoyed this part of the story the most, waiting to see what would happen next. And boy do things get a crazy! Cheating husbands, lying best friends, a crazy ex! 

IN PURSUIT has a very interesting cast of characters, and they definitely keep the story entertaining. It’s also very well written and flows smoothly. While I wanted more from Harris, this was still a very enjoyable read. Olivia Luck did a great job on her debut novel! I look forward to reading the sequel to IN PURSUIT, OF HAPPINESS (<- how cute is that!?). In fact, I’m very anxious for this sequel because I want to see how things play out for Eddie and Harris!


PURCHASE

No comments

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!