Lea's Week In Review

What I Read This Week:

Three Broken Promises
By Monica Murphy
This is the third book in the series and it's about Colin and Jen, who were secondary characters in Second Chance Boyfriend. I really liked the first two books. So much so that Drew and Fable are one of my favorite couples and I will definitely be reading the rest of their story. With that being said, I was kinda disappointed in this addition to the series. After the mystery laid out regarding Colin and Jen in SCB, I was really looking forward to getting the dirt on them and watching their relationship unfold, and hopefully grow. However, I found the book to be slightly repetitive, and the back and forth between the characters was a little annoying so I had a hard time getting invested in their story. I usually love this writer's style but this one was just a bit off the mark for me. I am still looking forward to Owen's book, Four Years Later, and will be reading it soon! ~ 3 Stars

Unravel 
by Calia Read
Well, as most everyone is aware, this was the "it" story last week. Everyone was raving and ranting about it all over my newsfeed! I decided to give it a try after our very own Teri Beth heavily recommended it. I am so glad I did. Unravel is different from most everything I have read lately. I really enjoyed it and had a group of friends reading it along with me, which was perfect for hashing out theories, analyzing what each bit of info meant. Deconstructing each scene and discussing the tons of possibilities. But, in the end, the finale wasn't as grand as I would have liked. Maybe because I spent so much time thinking that the ending fell a little flat. That is not to say that I didn't still really like the story, I did. It has been a long time since anything has made my head hurt so bad! Of course, I can't say anything about the actual plot or characters because I don't wanna give anything away. So, just pick up a copy today and dive in. And when you come up with some theories of your own, message me, I would LOVE to hear them!  

Every Part of You: Tempts Me
By Megan Hart
I have been busy lately and haven't had much time to read, so I decided to try out a serial. I am not a fan of novellas, I usually don't read anything under 200 pages, but I am a fan of Megan Hart. She writes some pretty sexy stuff, but her books also have very serious, heartbreaking yet beautiful story lines. I mean, Broken is one of my favorite reads and had me near tears, but there is also like a foursome in that book—it's mind boggling, at least for me.
She doesn't disappoint with the first piece of this five-part puzzle either. Simone is a voyeur who watches Elliott and his conquests from the safety of her little office, until one night they meet in the elevator and she finally has the opportunity to catch his attention. Though it's told in third person and only like 45 pages long, I felt a connection to these characters, especially Simone, and cannot wait to see what will happen next.  ~ 4 stars

Every Part of You: Resists Me
By Megan Hart
Well, after reading this second bit I am thoroughly hooked. Simone is even more awesome in this segment. She is a confident person who isn't afraid to say what she thinks, or wants, and I definitely admire that as opposed to the usual heroine we encounter. The character development is superb and considering I have only read about 100 pages between the two parts, I really feel their strong personalities shine through. And though Elliott is a bit of an douche in this part, I am dying to know what will happen next.
"Idiot or not, Elliott Anderson had left a mark on her, deep enough to scar." 
But now I have to wait! I can see these serials becoming a crazy addiction. A little hit here, another there, until I am having a full-blown fit for another taste. Lucky for me, I only have like a week before the next one releases!! ~ 4.5 Stars

What I'm Reading Now:

Donner of the Dead
By Karina Halle

No comments

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!