Kathy's Week in Review


What I Read This Week:

Scarred Beautiful by Beth Michelle
Read my full review HERE.

Deceiving Lies by Molly McAdams
(sequel to Forgiving Lies)
If you haven't read Forgiving Lies yet stop reading this review. Spoilers are inevitable. The beginning of Deceiving Lies threw me a little bit until I figured out the timing of the novel. Deceiving Lies picks up in the middle of the epilogue from Forgiving Lies. Rachel is planning her wedding to Kash when she gets kidnapped by the drug cartel. While Kash is doing everything in his power to find her, Rachel is trying to make sense of it all and stay alive. Trent Cruz has been tasked with kidnapping and holding Rachel. He didn't plan on falling in love with her, yet he can't deny his feelings. While in captivity, Rachel begins to bond with Trent as well. I have to admit that the first 2/3rds of the novel felt familiar to me. I was reminded of Darkness Before Dawn by Claire Contreras. It was a typical kidnapping story.... I could almost predict what was going to happen next. The real beauty of the novel is towards the end, when both Rachel and Kash have to deal with the aftermath of their ordeal. I thought this part of the novel was very realistic and superbly written. The ending really showed the depth of Molly McAdams' writing and I really loved reading about the conclusion to Rachel and Kash's story. 4 Stars! 

 
Fallen Crest High & Fallen Crest Family by Tijan
These books have completely consumed me. They are scandalous. Salacious. Riveting. Hilarious. Heartbreaking. I can't even begin to describe them. I feel as though they are a combination of Very Bad things by Ilsa Madden-Mills, Lovely Vicious by Sara Wolf, Shark Bait by Jenn Cooksey, Fallen Too Far by Abbi Glines, and The Elite by Rachel Van Dyken. They are train wrecks that I just CANNOT STOP READING. Do yourself a favor and indulge in this guilty pleasure and pick up this series by Tijan! 5 Stars for Fallen Crest High and 4 stars for Fallen Crest Family. 
Fallen Crest High GOODREADS/AMAZON
Fallen Crest Family GOODREADS/AMAZON 


What I Am Currently Reading:

Toxic by Rachel Van Dyken
(sequel to Ruin)
Coming March 4th!


What I Am Reading This Week:

Girl in Love by Caisey Quinn
sequel to Girl with Guitar and Girl on Tour

 Savage Delight by Sara Wolf
sequel to Lovely Vicious.
read my review HERE.

 Fallen Crest Public by Tijan
sequel to Fallen Crest High & Fallen Crest Family

The Pairing by Katie Ashley
sequel to The Proposition & The Proposal


New Releases I Highly Recommend:

Kaleidoscope by Kristen Ashley

 Loving Cara by Kristen Proby


Upcoming Releases I'm Excited About:

Unravel by Calia Read 2/17
The teasers have me riveted!


On My Wishlist:

My Sweetest Escape by Chelsea Cameron
sequel to My Favorite Mistake

No comments

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!