Julie's Week In Review

What I Read This Week

Rescued by Priscilla West  
This book is the continuation of Wrecked and it must be read before starting Rescued.  This picks up right where book one ended where Lorrie has left Hunter right when he needed her the most.  But, we all know she was facing her own demons and had to save herself first.  This book went into more depth of Hunter’s illness and my heart just broke for him.  I love the beautiful love story and how they were what each other seem to need.  But, I just hated to see how the hot bad boy from the first book was so broken in this one.  I am glad to get the rest of the story and for them both to get what they needed in the end. I give this book 4 stars. 

 Under Locke by Mariana Zapata
This is one of those books that I liked but yet I didn’t. I love Dex Locke and he was one hot ALPHA male. He knows what he wants and he takes it. Iris had been through more heartache than anyone should have to go through and was one of the strongest heroines in a book I’ve read lately. I love her smart mouth and seeing Dex try to dominate her was one of the best parts of this book. Dex is controlling and at some times just down right mean, but Iris held her own. The heat and passion is there but I just felt that it was so long and could have really been condensed and made a little less descriptive at times. I love how protective over her he is but I can only give it 3.5 stars.
GOODREADS/AMAZON


Full Measures by Rebecca Yarros 
This book had such a beautiful and touching story to it and I was happy but sad, and even shed a few tears for Ember.  She had just lost her dad who was serving in the Army and quickly had to become the backbone in her family.  Her mom became unable to handle anything so she became the caretaker to her brother and sister.  She had always had a crush on Josh, the bad boy hockey player, since high school but he was so popular that she never thought he noticed her.  Boy, was she wrong!!  I love the dynamics around their relationship but as good as Josh was, he had a secret that could literally destroy them.  His secret was one thing she would always avoid in her life, but when you love someone, is love enough?  This is a heartwarming story and I just fell in love with Josh and Ember and was really pulling for a happy ending and I give this book 4.5 stars.



Rock Bottom by Jade Jamison
This book is Ethan’s story from Bullet and it’s important to read Bullet to understand this one.  I was a little hesitant about reading this one because I really learned to despise Ethan for the way he treated Val in book one.  But, I was so curious as to if he ever got his act together and straightened up or not so I had to read this one.  This book digs deeper into his feelings and past and shows why he used drugs and women for so long.  With the help of his counselor, Jenna, he learns to open up which I was so glad to see after the way he always pushed Val away in book one.  I admire him in this book for learning to cope, learning to love, and wanting to be a better dad too but I guess I just couldn’t get past my feelings for him in book one but I give this 4 stars.



Craving Redemption by Nicole Jacquelyn 
This is the sequel to Craving Constellations and digs deeper into the Aces MC club.  Wow, I thought I loved the first one but this one I really loved.  From the time Asa met Callie when she was sixteen, you could feel that pull.  She had such a tragedy in her life and he really saved her, in more ways than one.  I love how they fought to stay together no matter what, even with a few surprises thrown into the mix.   I love how Callie grew throughout this book and became such a strong woman and Asa was just really HOT and such a different kind of character for an MC book, but I think that’s why I loved him so much and I give this book 4.5 stars.
 GOODREADS/AMAZON



Worth the Fight by Vi Keeland
I’ve gotten hooked on MMA books here lately and Nico really knocked my socks off.  He is tough, hot, and knows what he wants.  He knows the moment he sees Elle she will be his.  Nico had a past that he couldn’t seem to get over but after what happened, I don’t see how anyone could.  Elle was strong but also had her weaknesses and I think this is what made the book.  They complimented each other so well and the passion was definitely there.  I really enjoyed this book and give it 4 stars.

What I Am Currently Reading

My Winter by Nikki Young

No comments

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!