Julie's Week in Review

What I Read This Week

In Bloom by Katie Delahanty 
This is one of those books I haven’t heard much about but so glad I read it.  Olivia is just a plain Jane being primped and prepped by her friends to improve herself with her new life she has started.  In comes Berkeley, the hot rock star, and he rocks her world.  But, Berkeley is like no other rock star I’ve seen.  He’s actually not an arrogant idiot.  He’s real and such a sweetheart.  Fall in love with him like I did in this 5 star book!! 
Check out Teri Beth's review for In Bloom HERE.

Angels in Leather by Bella Jewel 
As much as I love a good MC book, this one didn’t wow me like I hoped.  Now, I did love Meadow and Axel’s past history.  She’s known him since she was little and they have this love/hate relationship now that she’s grown.  She becomes his enemy and has something he needs so he tracks her down everywhere she goes.  I liked many things about this book but to me it was a little slow.  I am usually one to read a book at one sitting and I just had to keep picking this up and putting it down, so I only give this book 3 stars. 

Twisted Ties by K.A. Robinson 
I knew when this book came out that it was a must read for me.  I loved Jesse and Emma in book one, Shattered Ties, and couldn’t wait to get my hands on this and I was definitely not disappointed.  This book had suspense but a true love story and I just loved Jesse.  But who wouldn’t?  A hot guy like him with such a big heart.  I was pulling for them to reunite even though danger was lurking all around.  It sure had a lot of twists and turns that’s for sure and I give this one a 4.5 stars!! 

Changing Tunes by Heather Gunter 
If you hated Ashley in Heartstrings, you will definitely change your mind in this one!!  This is her book where she goes to college and finds Zeke, the guy of any woman’s dreams.  She may try to start out with her old slutty ways but Zeke brings her to her knees in this one.  But, yes there’s a but, he has a big secret that could destroy their relationship.  Heather really wowed me in this one and her books keep getting better and better.  This is a definite 5 star for me. 

Deceptive Innocence Part Two by Kyra Davis 
Even though book one didn’t blow me away, I was still curious to read this one.  Bell and Laner are both mysterious and she seemed to plan everything perfectly, well almost.  I love getting more details behind her mom’s death but I just found this slow and skimmed so much of it.  I give this 3 stars and am ready to get to the end in the next book. 

Rescued by Priscilla West
Review coming next week.

What I Am Currently Reading

Full Measures by Rebecca Yarros

No comments

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!