Julie's Week in Review

What I Read This Week:

Holding On (Lights of Peril) by A.C. Bextor
Talk about your alpha males in the book, Shame and Hem are ones you won’t soon forget!!  I love seeing Hem fall for his sister’s friend while his best friend Shame falls for his sister.  Quite a pair these two couples make.  I love seeing these bad boy manwhores get whipped by these women and the action in this book blew me away and the ending left me thinking WTH so I was glad I didn’t have to wait for book 2 and give this book 4 stars.
The Way Home (Lights of Peril) by A.C. Bextor
When I start a sequel, I’m always a little anxious because a lot of times they can be disappointing, but not this one!!  You have to read book 1 before this one because it does start where it left off and as much as I was broken hearted in book 1, this one blew me away!!  I loved the action, the heartbreak, and how they had to learn to trust again.  I also fell more in love with Shame and who couldn’t?  I mean, hot and alpha male?  WOW!    I couldn’t put it down until I finished and give this one 4.5 stars.

Abandon by Cassia Leo 
I’ve always loved Cassia’s work and my only complaint with this book is that I wanted more of Tristan!!  He was a secondary character in the Shattered Hearts Series and if you read those, you know he was an ass.  Having never been one to even try a relationship, I was glad to get his book and see him fall for Senia.  They just rocked each other’s world and seemed to be the perfect fit for each other and I give this book 4.5 stars!!

Ravage Me by Ryan Michele 
Talk about one badass chick, Harlow (aka Princess) sure left me speechless!!  Some of the things this chick does to get her revenge actually made me hurt.  She didn’t take junk from anyone but when Cruz came along, she couldn’t deny him.  I mean, one tough and hot biker, and a sweet caring dad too.  Who could deny it?  This book has action, suspense, and one hot love story.  I can’t wait to get my hands on book 2 to get this rest of this story and I give this book 4.5 stars.

Two To Tango by Mimi Strong 
I’ve always loved Mimi’s work because I fell in love with her Peaches Monroe Series but Charlie and Skye didn’t let me down.   I was so heartbroken for Skye and the life she had growing up and even though Charlie was the kind of man she always avoided, she certainly couldn’t deny him!!  I love the humor in this book and even though it’s a lighter kind of story, there’s definitely heat!!  Charlie and Skye is one you want to check out and I give this 4 stars.

Deceptive Innocence, Part 1 by Kyra Davis
I’m a little torn about this one because it’s not one that really kept my attention.  The story is good because she is planning her revenge so well against the ones that destroyed her mom.  It amazed me at how well she did plot everything and how it seemed to come together.  I only give this book 3 stars but I am going to see what happens in book 2.

Bullet by Jade Jamison
I have been hearing things about this book and I’m always a big rock star groupie.  I really liked this book but I wanted to just slap the crap out of Ethan for treating Valerie like trash.  He loved her but didn’t?  I was really wanting  him to pull his head out of his ass and wake up.  I mean, she loved him as soon as she saw him and she really did more than her share to try and make him love her.  I am so glad she finally did see the light and learn to move on.   I give this book 4 stars and looking forward to diving into book 2 of this series.

What I Am Currently Reading:

Rescued by Priscilla West
This is book 2, the sequel to Wrecked which is one of my faves 



No comments

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!