Julie's Week in Review

WHAT I READ THIS WEEK

Wallbanger by Alice Clayton
I was looking for something light and refreshing to break myself out of the book rut I had been in and this was the one that did it!!   I’m trying to go back to some older reads to change it up a bit and I found a gem in this one.  It’s sexy and yet hilarious!!  I quickly fell for Simon aka Wallbanger and I don’t think I’ve laughed so hard at a book in a long time.  I sure needed this and give it 5 stars!

Renegade Lady by Dawn Martens and Emily Minton
I’m always on the lookout for a good MC book and this one was definitely it.  Ice had been through more in her young life than anyone should.  She was one tough chick and this is one of those books that kept me interested throughout the whole book.  Ice and Kidd’s relationship was hot and the things she did to survive in the club made her stronger than most women in MC books I have read.  I can’t wait to get more of this series and I give this book 4.5 stars.

Devlin’s Dare by Sabrina York
This is the first book I have read from Sabrina and I definitely want to read more from her!!  I was asked by a friend to read this book and I was a little hesitant at first, seeing that this was part 5 in a series.  I always like to read a book in order of how they are published but I soon realized this was a standalone.  Devlin and Tara don’t do relationships and from the time they literally run into each other, no one can’t deny that attraction.  I was pulling for them throughout this book and give it 4 stars.

 
Faster Hotter (Take Me...# 4) by Colleen Masters 
This is the final book in the Take Me Series and I couldn’t ask for a better ending.  I love a good bad boy and Harrison sure fit the bill!!  Throughout this series there was plenty of action, heat, and suspense.  Harrison and Siena went through more obstacles than any couple should have to go through to be together and I love how well it all worked out.  I really hated to see the series end and give this book 4 stars.
Reaper’s Legacy by Joanna Wylde 
As much as I fell in love with Horse in Reaper’s Property, I must say this book left me wanting a little more than what I got.  Don’t get me wrong, I love Ruger and Sophie.  He’s one hot and sexy alpha male and so protective over her after the awful relationship she had with his brother.  He swoops in and saves the day and takes care of her.  They go back and forth, loving and hating each other.  I just felt at times it would get a little slower than Reaper’s Property did.  It sure didn’t deter me from reading more of this series though and I give it 4 stars.

 
Song of the Fireflies by J.A. Redmerski 
As much as I loved the synopsis and couldn’t wait to read this book, I must say I was disappointed.  Not to say I don’t love a good and dirty book, but I actually found myself skimming more than I was reading.  I felt like since it started out so young and innocent that it would have kept more to that but I was left wanting more from this book and I give it 3 stars. 
 
Making Faces by Amy Harmon 
Wow is the only way I know to start talking about this book!!  This book was beautiful and heartbreaking.  Ambrose and Fern had this once in a lifetime kind of love that goes to show that beauty really is in the eye of the beholder.  Even after ‘pretty boy’ Ambrose was destroyed by loss and disfigurement, Fern never waivered in her love for him.  A great and moving story and I give it 5 stars all the way!!! 

No comments

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!