Danielle's Week in Review


What I read this week

It has been a slow week.  My kids were off school for three days due to snow and I was busy trying to entertain them.  

Before You Break by Christina Lee 
4 Stars
When I started Before You Break, I did not realize it was the second book in a series. I quickly figured it out though by the interaction with the supporting characters. I will defiantly be picking up the first book because I enjoyed this one so much. I had no problems reading it as a standalone.
This is one of those stories that hits you hard. It is filled with pain, sorrow but also hope. It is beautifully written and I found myself engrossed in the story. Ella and Quinn are both great characters and you can’t help but fall in love with them. Ella is strong and caring. She is a peace maker. Ella has a way of fixing everyone’s problems even though she carries around her own. I have to admit there was one point in the story where her thinking started to annoy me but it didn’t last long. It was nice to read about a strong female for a change. I especially loved that she turned a horrific event in her life into something positive. Quinn, I just loved him. I usually like alpha males but it was nice to read about a sweet and caring male without him coming across as corny. Quinn’s past is keeping him from living. He is struggling dealing with his demons. He keeps everyone at arm’s length but Ella works her way in. I fell hard for these two characters. Their relationship wasn’t rushed at all and it progressed at a realistic pace. This is a beautiful realistic story. I really enjoyed this book and can’t wait to pick up the first book in the series.
Available 2/18

4 Stars
I really enjoyed this one. I usually read darker books with more angst but occasionally I want a light read. I usually get annoyed and can’t stand the sappy romance books. Country Heaven was a pleasant surprise though. It was just what I was in the mood for. Not a lot of angst but a wonderful well written story. I devoured this one in a sitting, I couldn’t put it down. Rye and Tory are both likeable characters. I loved the banter between the two. I really appreciated that this isn’t one of those instant love stories. Their relationship progresses naturally sucking you deeper into the story. The supporting characters were just as enjoyable. I really loved the way recipes and song lyrics accompanied the characters. Both helped develop the characters more and understand their history. I don’t have anything bad to say about this one. It was just a great book. I can’t wait to read the second book in the series.

What I'm reading

I'm about 50% into this one and really enjoying it.  I know Julie really liked this one and now I know why.  

No comments

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!