Danielle Reviews One Tiny Lie by K.A. Tucker


Synopsis

In this follow-up novel to the top-selling Ten Tiny Breaths, Livie Cleary faces a new set of challenges as she navigates freshman year at Princeton, wild parties, and the gorgeous rowing team captain who is everything she doesn’t want in a guy, or so she thinks…

“Make me proud.” These were the last words Livie’s father ever spoke to her. In the seven years since her parents’ tragic death, Livie has done her best to keep this promise through her every choice, word, and action, while looking after her sister with strength and maturity. But with college right around the corner, unexpected challenges will test her resilience—and her heart.

Livie walks into Princeton with a solid plan, and she’s dead set on delivering on it: Rock her classes, set herself up for medical school, and meet a good, respectable guy to marry someday. What isn’t part of her plan are Jell-O shots; a lovable, party animal roommate she can’t say “no” to; and Ashton, the arrogant—and extremely attractive—captain of the men’s rowing team who makes Livie’s usually non-existent temper flare. Worse, he’s best friends and roommates with Connor, who fits Livie’s criteria perfectly. So why does she keep thinking about Ashton?

As Livie finds herself facing mediocre grades, career aspirations she no longer thinks she can handle, and feelings for Ashton that she shouldn’t have, she’s forced to let go of her last promise to her father and, with it, the only identity that she knows.

Review

I'm not sure why I let this one sit on my kindle so long unread. I absolutely loved it. I wasn't sure what to expect when I started but I was pleasantly surprised. I liked Livie in Ten Tiny Breathes but after reading One Tiny Lie I love her! 

Livie is so mature and well put together for her age. I wondered why she didn't fall apart like her older sister Kasey, when tragedy ripped apart their family.

Kasey is determined to remind Livie of her age. She is worried about her even though her little sister is almost perfect. She talks her into talking to her shrink, which starts a long process of forcing Livie to let loose. Live a little!

Her first night away at college is one for the record books. Kasey gets Livie drunk and the night ends up getting wild. Livie wakes up hungover, a tattoo on her back and a naked man named Ashton in her dorm room.

Ashton is the typical college bad boy. The connection he and Livie share is obvious but he knows he is no good for her. Livie decides to move on and find someone who will treat her like she deserves and fit into the picture she has for her life. She has everything planned out and Ashton doesn't work with her future. The problem is he is everywhere and she can't stop thinking about him. 

 I just loved the relationship these two share. Ashton is so dark and mysterious and I wanted to get inside his head so bad. I loved the twist and turns the story takes. I love broken characters when they are done right. This book is a prime example of that! I devoured this one and didn't want to put it down. I had to know what was going to happen because I had no clue why Ashton was keeping his space. When it all comes together I was blown away! The best part there is no cliff! I can't wait to read the other books in the series!




No comments

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!