Review: HEART BREAK PROOF by William Goode and Michelle Roy

When Marie finally wrote back to Andrew, he truly learned how words can seduce, corrupt and inflame. The stories Marie and Andrew now make up, trading e-mails, consume them. They begin a passionate affair, and their deepening obsession with each other penetrates their writing. Then the stories take over and change everything. Oh, and the bit with the shoe is freaking wild. Fun, well-told, intelligent and absorbing, Heart-Break-Proof is about words that bind tighter than any rope. (Actually, there are ropes in this book too. But mainly words). So, be careful what you read

Add to GOODREADS
*******************************
 Review 

For this book to be titled HEART BREAK PROOF, I sure am broken hearted right now. I need more of Andrew and Marie; I didn’t want this book to end, and especially not how it ended. Even though I’m a bit sad writing this, I am very thrilled I got the chance to read this well written, clever, and beautifully erotic story. 

Andrew and Marie meet and eventually emails are exchanged. That’s where their relationship really begins. These aren’t getting to know you emails either. They write out their secret fantasies: the professor, the gym, the movies, the office, and the sex shop. These fantasies are well developed, different, and sinfully sexy. After the conclusion of each story, I couldn’t wait to see what desire they would type out next. Each one feels like a mini-episode within the main story. But yet, the characters in each episode reveal a little of themselves to the other, causing Andrew and Marie to gradually fall for each other, at least lust for one another. Their real relationship is a bit rocky but I couldn’t help rooting for them. 

I loved both, Andrew and Marie, even though at times they could be frustrating. HEART BREAK PROOF is told through dual POV’s and I enjoyed seeing how they were feeling about each other. I think it really made me more invested in their lives and their relationship. 

The concept behind this book was different and interesting and that’s one of the reasons I thoroughly enjoyed it. The writing is intelligent, the characters and story are well developed. HEART BREAK PROOF was definite proof of Goode and Roy’s creativity, and I can’t wait for more from this duo!


PURCHASE

No comments

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!