Review: FOREVER & ALWAYS by Jasinda Wilder

Ever,

These letters are often all that get me through week to week. Even if it’s just random stuff, nothing important, they’re important to me. Gramps is great, and I love working on the ranch. But…I’m lonely. I feel disconnected, like I’m no one, like I don’t belong anywhere. Like I’m just here until something else happens. I don’t even know what I want with my future. But your letters, they make me feel connected to something, to someone. I had a crush on you, when we first met. I thought you were beautiful. So beautiful. It was hard to think of anything else. Then camp ended and we never got together, and now all I have of you is these letters. S**t. I just told you I have a crush on you. HAD. Had a crush. Not sure what is anymore. A letter-crush? A literary love? That’s stupid. Sorry. I just have this rule with myself that I never throw away what I write and I always send it, so hopefully this doesn’t weird you out too much. I had a dream about you too. Same kind of thing. Us, in the darkness, together. Just us. And it was like you said, a memory turned into a dream, but a memory of something that’s never happened, but in the dream it felt so real, and it was more, I don’t even know, more RIGHT than anything I’ve ever felt, in life or in dreams. I wonder what it means that we both had the same dream about each other. Maybe nothing, maybe everything. You tell me.

Cade
~ ~ ~ ~

Cade,

We’re pen pals. Maybe that’s all we’ll ever be. I don’t know. If we met IRL (in real life, in case you’re not familiar with the term) what would happen? And just FYI, the term you used, a literary love? It was beautiful. So beautiful. That term means something, between us now. We are literary loves. Lovers? I do love you, in some strange way. Knowing about you, in these letters, knowing your hurt and your joys, it means something so important to me, that I just can’t describe. I need your art, and your letters, and your literary love. If we never have anything else between us, I need this. I do. Maybe this letter will only complicate things, but like you I have a rule that I never erase or throw away what I’ve written and I always send it, no matter what I write in the letter.

Your literary love,

Ever


Add to GOODREADS.

REVIEW

When our blog had a chance to do a review for this book, I was so excited to get to read this. It is a book that will tear at your heart and it really pulled at my emotions. I was happy, sad, and shed quite a few tears, but it was well worth it.

Ever and Caden met when they were 14 at art camp. Ever had recently lost her mom and her only escape was to drown herself in her paintings. Caden was used to going to his grandfather’s ranch for the summer but decided to go to camp and it is one summer that they will treasure forever.

I love Ever and Caden’s relationship at how innocent it starts out. She is able to open up to him unlike anyone in her life, including her twin sister, Eden. Even as young as they are, they both know they have a strong connection and decide to become pen pals. It really touched my heart to see how each of them relied on getting their letter and how they felt they could reveal their deepest secrets to each other.

As time goes by and Caden experiences awful tragedy in his life, he becomes so broken and feels so alone but he knows he still has Ever. I think if it wasn’t for their connection, neither one of them would have made it through their lives. I love seeing how they seem to be the missing piece that the other one needed in their life. They soon realize that as much as both of them have been through that no one will ever know them like the other does. Caden decides to make the first step and come to see Ever. Their chemistry is off the charts! And I mean hot!! In the bedroom, they rocked each other’s world!! 

“I don’t have any need to breathe. You are my breath.” – Caden

When I started reading this book, I was a little worried that it was going to be all heartache but the more I read I couldn’t put it down and ended up staying awake until 2 am so I could finish it. The further I read, the more hooked I became. I knew I had to finish!! Their relationship is so beautiful and I love seeing how it started from something so innocent as summer camp and worked its way up to something amazing that everyone should be so fortunate to have. I give this book 4.5 stars and I can’t wait to get my hands on book two!!


PURCHASE

B&N

No comments

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!