Review: AFTER FOREVER by Jasinda Wilder

Ever,

I don’t know who I am anymore. I’m a castaway. Lost. Drowning. I love you. That’s the only true thing I know, and it’s all I have to hold on to. I love you. I’ll love you forever. Until the day I die, and I’ll love you in whatever world comes after this one. I love you so much, Ever. I miss you. Dear Jesus, I miss you. Come back to me.

For forever, and after forever,
Caden

Add to GOODREADS.
ARC provided by author. 

REVIEW


Wow!! That is the only way I know to start this review!  I thought I had been an emotional wreck reading the first book in the series, Forever and Always, but this one just shredded my heart.

It is a must that you read book one before you start this one, and I cannot reveal much without spoilers, which is something I do not like to do in reviews.  With that said, this book has heartbreak times ten!!  

My heart just broke for Ever, Caden, and Eden.  I think I started crying about 6% in and was up and down throughout the entire story, but it was so touching.  Caden is so broken, Eden is alone, and Ever is just lost.  I felt so many emotions throughout this book, and was hopeful for so many things to happen.  Jasinda really amazed me in the direction she took this story. 

“We need each other.  We’re the only thing we have in life.  We’re orphans in a huge, scary world.  We’re alone.  We’re lost in the darkness together.  And we have to stick together – we have to hold on to each other.” – Eden 

Poor Caden cannot seem to catch a break as we continue this journey, where he faces more tragedy and starts to lose himself even further.  His soul is tormented and you can feel his heart being destroying.  I love how the letters seem to be the only things that keep him alive and keep him going day after day. 

 “Feeling love is easy.  Living love, that’s the hard part.” 

I must say, as most people know, I am one of those with an old soul so to speak, and I was highly disappointed with Caden’s decisions. Like I said, it’s a touching and emotional story but—yes, here’s the but—I would like to have seen him deal with things differently and to make better choices than what he did. Given that, I don’t think it could have worked out any better than it did.  My emotions will be reeling for days as I give this book 4.5 stars, and make a plea to Jasinda for an early release.  I am so ready for book 3!!




PURCHASE
B&N

No comments

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!