Review: OUT OF TURN by Tiffany Snow

OUT OF TURN
Kathleen Turner, #4

Breaking up is hard to do, as Kathleen Turner discovers. After a falling-out with her ex, high-powered attorney Blane Kirk, she’s moving on the best she can. Unfortunately, someone from her past is set on revenge and nothing short of killing Kathleen will stop them.

Keeping his brother’s ex-girlfriend alive isn’t something new to assassin-for-hire Kade Dennon, but this time can he protect her from himself? She’s a woman he can’t convince himself to walk away from, no matter what it costs him.

Regret is a constant companion for Blane as he realizes the truth behind the lies he’s been told. Can love heal the past, or can some mistakes not be undone?

Murder reunites Blane, Kade, and Kathleen as the police put Blane in their crosshairs. Blane may lose everything unless he and Kade can find the real murderer before it’s too late. But if they can’t set aside their love for the same woman and work together, it will tear them apart.

In Out of Turn, Kathleen is caught between two warring brothers, and the consequences may be fatal.

REVIEW

Out of Turn is the fourth installment in the Kathleen Turner series. Sometime last year I picked up the first book, No Turning Back, and was instantly hooked. I read the first three books back to back and have been waiting patiently for this one! It did not disappoint. The Kathleen Turner series is the perfect mix of sexiness and action and I can’t get enough, landing it on my list of favorites. 

In the first book of the series, Kathleen is a runner for a high-powered law firm in town. Blane is a senior partner, and sex on a stick. Their first encounter is one for the record books. Kathleen mortifyingly does a face plant in his lap during a meeting and from that point on her life is never the same. The poor girl not only falls in love but also ends up in the crossfire of some dangerous men. Enter the dark and sexy Kade, Blane’s brother and assassin-for-hire. Like I said this series has a lot of action! Kade and Kathleen have a bond that runs deeper than friendship but neither of them cross the line because Kathleen is engaged to Blane. Kade does his best to keep her safe but some serious shit goes down, drawing them even closer! Their relationship attracts some unwanted attention and her relationship with Blane is threatened. Blane trust the wrong people and losses the two people who mean the world to him. Blane is left on his own after turning his back on Kathleen and Kade and that is where this book picks up. 

Before I started Out of Turn I was certain about who I wanted Kathleen to end up with. I was hoping it was Blane since the two were so obviously in love in the first three installments, but now I think I’m just as confused as Kathleen. Without giving away any spoilers, I will say this book was not what I thought it was going to be! Yes, it was still sexy and thrilling, but I had hoped for more of a resolution in Kathleen’s love life and not to be left still confused. And damn Tiffany Snow for the way she puts the first chapter of the next book at the end, because now I’m really unsure about things, and left hanging for the next few months! 

Blane was already on my shit list when this book started. He made decisions without knowing all the facts and I had hoped he would pull his head out of his ass but now I’m afraid it may be too late. I know Kathleen loves him but how could he ever make up for that betrayal? Well, I’m happy to say he does try! Blane makes an effort to make up for everything he has done but his ass is also on the line in this book after someone is murdered! When the truth comes out I just got more pissed at him! He is such a dumb ass! Ugh he still makes my heart beat but damn buddy you really screwed up! I really felt bad for him when he realizes it! I think I love him even more now! 

"Blane should have believed me when it counted, when I'd stood in his office while he accused me of being unfaithful, of betraying him. That’s when he should have believed me. It was far too late now for anything he said to matter."---Kathleen

Kade also left Kathleen behind when Blane broke off their engagement. I had hoped that he would still be there as a friend but he was obviously trying to protect himself by walking away. Oh man, this guy is so mysterious and thinks so little of himself it makes me love him that much more. You really get to know Kade in this book and he is such a complex character. He lives a dangerous life and he thinks he is no good for Kathleen. I was so happy to see that he also puts forth some serious effort to get what he wants! He opens up and you catch a glimpse at what is underneath all that hardness! He starts to shine, coming out from behind Blane’s shadow! 

"I'm not the hero, princess," he said roughly. "Hell, I'm not even the good guy."---Kade

Either way Kathleen chooses I think she can’t go wrong! So many times during a love triangle, I have a clear favorite picked out in my head but Tiffany Snow writes in such a way it is hard to pick a winner! Yes, I’m leaning towards one but I’m sure the next book she writes will confuse me even more. If you are looking for an action-packed page-turner check out this series. It is still sexy but so different from the normal romance novels that I think you will enjoy it. That being said, if you have read this review and are interested in winning a copy of the first book in the series or have read it and been slacking on picking up one of the others, comment below and I will pick a winner in a few days! I love this series so much and I think that everyone should read it!

Purchase

4 comments

  1. Perfect Review !!

    Looks like I'm going to be starting this Series soon.
    TY for hosting.
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great series! Thank you for being a part of this generous giveaway!

    Barrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had this series on my TBR list for awhile. Guess I better get busy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for participating in the tour :)

    ReplyDelete

All comments welcome!