Review: IT'S NOT OVER by A.L. Zaun

“If I let go, will you catch me?”

He had wanted her to help him win his ex-girlfriend back. She had wanted to teach him a few lessons on how to treat a woman. Neither one had planned for the unexpected.

I couldn't stand by and watch. It hit too close to home. I had to run fast and far to get away and forget him. He weaseled his way into my life, making me question rules I lived by and turned my orderly life upside down. I'm falling apart and coming undone. I don't do that. I'm Madison Stuart. I live life by my rules. I won't be derailed by a man. I won't...I can't.

She's gone. I'm desperate and going insane. I'll do whatever it takes to find her. I don't know when it happened, but I won't let her go, not like this. What has she done to me? I'm Rick Marin for crying out loud. I don't chase women, but she's not just a woman. She's Maddy--my Maddy--and I need her.

Follow Rick and Madison’s story, The Do Over’s most notorious couple, as they learn that It’s Not Over.

Review

It's Not Over picks up where The Do Over left off.  I highly recommend that you read The Do Over first.

Rick met Madison when he had hit rock bottom.  He begged Madison to help him win back his ex-girlfriend.  She agreed to teach him some manners and to coach him on how to be a gentleman.

When the novel opens Rick has realized his error: he was focusing on the wrong girl.  The problem is that Madison is done being second fiddle.  She is getting out of town and away from the one guy who has managed to break her heart again in years.  But Rick doesn't give up so easily....

Madison was an awesome character.She's been hurt before and she isn't sticking around to let it happen anymore.  She puts a wall up around herself and projects this confidence and self-assured personality yet the whole time she is sensitive on the inside.  I love reading about strong women, but what was unique in this case is that we really got to the heart of Madison.  We see up close and personal why she has created this wall around herself and why she feels like she has to be so strong.

Rick was great too - he was pretty understanding with Madison and he never gave up.  He knew what he wanted and he went for it full speed ahead.  He defended and looked out for Madison unlike anyone else.  Even though he had learned all of these new "manners" from Madison about how to treat a women it was funny to see how his old ways were still perfect for both of them.

I flat out loved this book! It was fan-friggin-tastic!  The sparring between Rick and Madison had me rolling on the floor laughing.  If any couple was made for each other - it is the two of them.  Their snarky comments, hilarious banter, and loving (although somewhat unconventional) affection was perfect.  Every page of this book was a gem.  The last time I laughed this hard while reading a book was during Tangled by Emma Chase.

The only problem is there is a tiny bit of a cliffhanger.  Just enough to leave you wanting more.  Trust me.... you'll want more!

5 HUGE AMAZING AWESOME HILARIOUS stars for It's Not Over!!

PURCHASE


1 comment

All comments welcome!