Review: DESTRUCTIVE CHOICES by L.U. Ann

DC-FRONT copy
If the decisions you make don't define you, what price would you pay to change them?

"Close your eyes. This is the darkness I see, I feel, I live because of my choices."

I spent my life running. Running from my past. A past that changed my life, robbed me of my childhood, and bound me for a life of silence. Silence protected me from further hurt. When I couldn't control my life, I found reprieve in my silence. Dark, cold silence. I'm trapped, trying to find my way out, trying to make a stand, trying to finally live; but is it too late?"

Lacey Edwards fought emotional turmoil most of her life. She made choices that unknowingly put her through more painstaking heartache. She found bits and pieces of happiness in all the wrong areas except for one. This one gave her hope for a fresh new life full of promises. Could she hold onto it, or would it slip through her fingertips?

***Warning*** Mature content. Not appropriate for audiences 17 years and under. This novel contains explicit language, sexual situations, abuse and social issues that some might find offensive.

goodreads-badge-add-plus-d700d4d3e3c0b346066731ac07b7fe47

Review

Destructive Choices is book two in the Destructive Series by LU Ann. If you haven’t read book one, Destructive Silence, please reconsider reading this review, because there is no way I can write this review without totally spoiling book one. So, be forewarned. If you read this, forget about being surprised about Destructive Silence, plus, you should have already read it, if not, for the love of all that is holy, go read it now!!
Now, on to the good stuff.

I read Destructive Silence back in the fall, and it messed me up so bad. I was a mess for weeks. A friend made me do a buddy read with her, and I was so mad at her. (You know who you are!!) I hated Caine, and my heart broke for Lacey. The cliffhanger was killer, and it killed me waiting for book 2. I think I emailed the author and told her that “I both loved and hated her.” Hey, it happens sometimes. You have to get that out of your system too. I don’t hate cliffhangers, so I don’t mind that part, but DS was pretty intense. Plus, let me say this, I have a short list of characters that I HATE. I mean, I hate them with a passion, and I have to say that Caine is at the tippy, tippy TOP of that list. That joker is a bastard. It takes some talent to write a character that I hate that much, so, well played Ms. Ann, well, played.


So, fast forward a few months, and I get the opportunity to read Destructive Choices. I was both nervous and breathless with anticipation. (Ok, I might be playing up my excitement a little, but come on!!) So, I jump at the chance. I actually ditched another book, and read on CHRISTMAS EVE to get this story. Let me tell you, I was not disappointed. We pick up right where DS leaves off, and we get every bit of the angst and heartbreak we expect from a certain jerk faced husband.
 
I love that this book is about Lacey putting her life back together, and trying to make choices that will bring her and her son happiness. It isn’t focused just on romance, which is really what I consider my genre, it is also focused on Lacey’s family, her past, friendships, and what I consider to be even more important, mental illness.
The fact that Lacey is finally finding happiness is such a joy, that it almost makes up for the tragedy that she has endured in the past. I don’t want to give away too much, but the direction the story takes is amazing!

I can’t tell you how many moving storylines are going on in this book simultaneously. There are SO MANY important messages, I think it is such a good, and important story to be told. Please don’t finish the book without reading the messages from the author in the back. They are powerful.

I give this book five stars, and I can’t wait to read the next book.


Purchase


No comments

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!