Review: QUINTESSENTIALLY Q by Pepper Winters

“All my life, I battled with the knowledge I was twisted… fucked up to want something so deliciously dark—wrong on so many levels. But then slave fifty-eight entered my world. Hissing, fighting, with a core of iron, she showed me an existence where two wrongs make a right."
Tess is Q’s completely. Q is Tess’s irrevocably. But now, they must learn the boundaries of their unconventional relationship, while Tess seeks vengeance on the men who sold her. Q made a blood-oath to deliver their corpses at Tess’s feet, and that’s just what he’ll do.
He may be a monster, but he’s Tess’s monster.
Add to GOODREADS


REVIEW:

5 +++++++ stars

“She wasn’t my slave. She wasn’t my possession. Never had been and never would be. I hated how even though I knew she was there on her own accord, I still wanted ultimate ownership. I wanted her chained and completely dependent on me. I wanted to feed her and bathe her. I wanted to be the very reason she stayed alive.”----Q 

I’ve been sitting here for a while now staring at a blank screen unsure of what to write. I absolutely loved this book and I’m not sure I have the words to do it justice. How to do you express in words how much you loved a book that is dark, haunting, and sometimes downright disturbing, without scaring people away? Trust me, this book is all of those things plus more. QQ is one of the darkest and best books I have read. I know we were all warned ahead of time that QQ would be extremely dark, but this book floored me! I had to pick my mouth up off the floor and carry it across the room because I needed a breath. I had no clue which direction the story was going to go, and I’m so thankful for that ignorance, because if I would have known then the story wouldn’t have impacted me the way it did. With that said, I’m going to keep this review short and sweet. I refuse to give away any of the plot because I don’t want to ruin the book for you! Please do yourself a favor and stay away from spoilers with this one! Read it for yourself so you experience the full effect of the story! After you finish you will be thankful that you did. 

QQ is the follow up novel to Tears of Tess. I came across Tears of Tess a few months ago and I was immediately sucked into the story and fell in love with Tess and Q. Pepper Winters’s writing is amazing. She has a talent for character development that I haven’t seen in a long time. The way she slowly exposes everything about each character is inspiring, and it so freaking works. She has a way of showing a character’s vulnerabilities and strengths, and somewhere along the journey you forget which was which. I already loved Tess and her strength but this book shows how strong she really is. Q, oh I love him more than I ever thought possible. He is dark and twisted and I can’t get enough of him. I’m so glad we got both of their perspectives in this book. It made the story that much more special. It was amazing getting inside both of their heads. These two are truly perfect for each other.

“The world didn’t matter. This was us. This was our fuckedupness, learning how to live without guilt and shame.” ----Tess

So if you are looking for an amazing dark and gritty read I would highly recommend this series. It is sexy, dark and thrilling, and there are so many twist and turns! You will love every minute of it. Well, that is a lie because if you are like me at times you will be biting your nails and sick to your stomach. Regardless, trust me, the end result is a major book hangover you won’t regret. I can’t wait to read more of Pepper Winters’s work, I’m officially adding her to my short list of authors that I will put other books down for!

Purchase

No comments

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!