Review: FOR REAL by Chelsea M. Cameron

Two people. One fake relationship. What could go wrong?When virgin Shannon Travers gets fed up with her friends demanding that she find a boyfriend, she enlists the help of tattooed, mohawk-rocking graphic design student Jett. He’s more than happy to play along with their Fake Relationship, including the Ten Rules of Fake Dating that control-freak Shannon comes up with. Even if he likes to violate them. Repeatedly.

But what happens when Fake Dating starts to feel… not fake anymore? Will Shannon be willing to let go and embrace the first thing in her life that’s ever felt REAL?

Review

Shannon Travers is tired of her friends pushing her to go out and lose her virginity.  So one night out she picks up the first tattooed bad boy she finds and goes home with him and comes up with a plan. Jett makes a perfect fake boyfriend to convince both of their friends that they are dating and wildly in love.  The joke is on them when their fake relationship rules aren't enough to keep them from having real feelings for each other.
This was a delightful romance by Chelsea M Cameron (author of My Favorite Mistake).  It was comical to see the lengths that Shannon and Jett go through to make their fake relationship appear real and I really loved how sweet this book was...  how innocent the characters were, how perfectly they fit together.  At first I was very confused about Jett... he was such a nice sweet boy who totally didn't fit his image.  By the end of the book his persona made complete sense and I was thoroughly in love with him! Both characters had transformed.. they each had opposite upbringings but somehow folded together to make a beautiful couple.

"Three long weeks of sleeping with Jett, talking to Jett and just being with Jett.  Three more weeks of Fake Dating that could be taken away from me in this moment.  Can your heart stop beating? I think mine does for just a moment."

Their love was a slow building of sweet torture and I loved every minute.  So much so that when I got to the end of the book I didn't want it to end... I was frantically clicking my kindle trying to turn the page and get more of these lovely characters!  This was a quick, short read when you need a feel-good romance.  For Real earned 4.5 stars from me and I can't wait read more!

Purchase

No comments

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!