Review: AWAY by B.A. Wolfe

What good is running AWAY when you only end up lost?
Cassandra Pierce had her whole "perfect" life planned out by her parents. One night of pure weakness and lust has her running away from it all and seeking refuge in Alamosa with her best friend. But it seems life has other plans for her when she finds herself lost in the small town of Keaton.
Jason Bradley is a charming country guy. He lives a simple life that’s nothing like what Cassandra is used to. A single moment in life changed everything he thought he once knew, leaving him with a broken heart and an unplanned future.
What happens in Keaton is nothing Cassandra or her heart could have ever prepared for. The instant connection she shares with Jason is no secret, but what they're keeping hidden from one another is. Will these two be able to find a way to trust each other or will their secrets tear them apart?
Add to GOODREADS.
ARC provided by author.

REVIEW


Go ahead and get out the tissues. You’ll need them by the end of this one.

Cassandra is running away. Away from her life. Away from her past. Just away. She’s lived her life by her parents’ rules but the situation she’s in, well I’m pretty sure her parents would disapprove. She’s trying to figure things out, by running away to  stay with her friend, but that pesky GPS sends her in the wrong direction. But that GPS wasn’t stupid, it sent her right where she needed to be. She just didn’t realize it yet.

“You seem like you’re running from something or someone. I know lost eyes when I see them.”

Enter her knight in shining armor, or her man in a cowboy hat, Jason. I loved Jason. He had me at the first “Sweetheart.” He’s just so good and kind with a heart of gold. He’s exactly what Cassie needs. He teaches her so much about life and how to live in the moment. Jase shows her it’s ok to dance in the street and have picnics in bed. But he has his secrets, secrets that I didn’t see coming, and they left me shocked and heartbroken.

“I was running from my past because it threatened my future and he was hiding from his future because of his past and the threat it had on his unknowing future.”

Cassie and Jase have a beautiful relationship that builds slowly. I loved getting to know them both; as well as the supporting characters. They both have great best friends in Mel and Moose and Jason has some amazing parents that welcome Cassie with open arms.

“When everything else around me seemed to spin out of control, he was my center, my balance.”

AWAY is a beautiful debut from B.A. Wolfe. It’s very well written and brought me through a vast range of emotions. There was only a short period of time that I felt the book was slightly slow, but it didn’t take long to pick back up. AWAY is a wonderful story about finding yourself and enjoying every moment life has to offer, and learning how to love.  

“Because in the end, everything will be okay. It has to be.”

PURCHASE

No comments

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!