Review: WITH EVERY HEARTBEAT by Melody Grace

Rome: the city of young lovers, old secrets, and intoxicating new desire.

"I thought I knew what I wanted in life. I thought my destiny was set. Then I met him, and everything changed..."

Raphael is bold, passionate, and seductive. He sees something in me I never dreamed possible, and now he's determined to show me a world beyond rules -- a dance without limits. I want to trust him, but I'm scared. Because I know once I fall, there'll be no going back.

An innocent dancer. A mysterious stranger. As Annalise is drawn deeper into the sensual delights of Rome, she'll question everything she believed about her future. But with opening night looming, can she find the strength to risk it all? And will she be forced to choose between her one true love, ballet, and the new passion in her heart? 

Review:

With Every Heartbeat is a love story about two young people who are learning to uncover what they want out of life.  This is a book about discovering dreams and making them a reality no matter what the consequences are.

Annalise is a young innocent woman whose life has always been about ballet.  She has spent her entire life living in the shadow of her mother who was a star ballerina during her own lifetime.  Now that Annalise is getting older, her time is limited so she goes to Rome with hopes of landing a leading role.  Ballet is all she has in life in until she meets Raphael.  There is instant chemistry between the two and suddenly life isn’t about just ballet.   Annalise is questioning what she wants out of life but is she willing to throw it all away for a man?

Raphael is a young man who has come to Rome in order to live his dream.  Against his parents’ wishes, he has passed on college and is working with a group of street dancers.  He has big dreams but the disapproval of his parents has always kept him from going after his dream.  That is until he meets Annalise.  She is the first person to believe in him but is he willing to allow her to lose her dream in order to go after his? 

Overall, I enjoyed the book.  It is sweet and well written.  The chemistry between Annalise and Raphael is hot.  They have an instant physical connection and as they get to know each other, their love of dancing bonds them.  The story is well developed so you are easily able to connect with the characters.  I just didn’t fall in love with the book because I like a little more angst in my reads.  I felt like this is one of those books that you read and don’t think about again.  I don’t think it’s fair for me to give it a star rating because it would be based on the fact that this book wasn’t for me.  I would recommend it to someone who is looking for a love story without a lot of angst. 

Purchase

No comments

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!