Review: MINE by Katy Evans

“I will do anything to make her MINE.” —Remington Tate 

In the international bestseller REAL, the unstoppable bad boy of the Underground fighting circuit finally met his match. Hired to keep him in prime condition, Brooke Dumas unleashed a primal desire in Remington “Remy” Tate as vital as the air he breathes . . . and now he can’t live without her.

Brooke never imagined she would end up with the man who is every woman’s dream, but not all dreams end happily ever after, and just when they need each other the most, Brooke is torn away from the ringside. Now with distance and darkness between them, the only thing left is to fight for the love of the man she calls MINE.
Add to GOODREADS.
ARC provided by author 

Review


“I want you…All of you. Black and blue and any other shade you come in.” - Brooke

When I read REAL I fell in LOVE with Remington ‘Riptide’ Tate. I mean, head over heels in LOVE. I was so excited to get my hands on MINE to get more Remy but when I did I was slightly disappointed. Don’t get me wrong, MINE was still really good! I still LOVE Remy, it wasn’t him I was disappointed it. It was more so the overall story. And I still liked it. It just didn’t live up to REAL. Confusing much?

MINE went in a different direction than I anticipated. It felt rushed. Too soon, as if it was in a hurry to get Remy and Brooke’s story told. I do love the love Remy and Brooke have for one another, it’s strong and primal. I feel it coming off the pages, just as everyone in the story feels it coming from Remy and Brooke. Most of the story was Brooke telling us how much she loves Remy, I got that pretty quick, but it just kept being told. It became repetitive. Brooke became a bit annoying.

Remy on the other hand, I admire. He’s a character that will always be in my heart. He’s like no other. The battles with himself that he has to fight daily show his strength. We do learn more about his problems in this book, and those were always my favorite scenes. To know the things he has struggled with just makes me want to hug him. But then he makes me proud in the way he deals with things on his own, he knows when he needs help, he gets it. I’m proud of Brooke for learning to support him. And then I loved that she could somewhat relate to him since she had went through a bout with depression. 

MINE was just as HOT as REAL; it just had more sexual acts than sexual tension. I missed the tension between the two. I felt as if all either were concerned about was getting it on. Everything led them to bed. Yes, they grew as a couple, but I was expecting some that to wear off. Luckily there was enough emotional connection between the two for it not to deter me from liking the story. 

Overall, I really enjoyed MINE. I think others are going to love this continuation of Remy and Brooke’s story. It just didn’t live up to REAL or my expectations. I wanted a little more from the story and the ending. Especially the ending, I was left with several questions. Remy is what made this book so great for me, as well as the series. I'll take him black or blue.

Purchase

 

No comments

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!