Review: MAN OF MY DREAMS by Faith Andrews

Mia Murphy may be married to the man of her dreams. But the man in her dreams is the one that got away—her high school crush.

Mia’s stuck in a rut, just like every other stay-at-home mom, and the only thing saving her from her monotonous routine is her perfect husband, Declan. He’s gorgeous, he adores her, and the man stole her heart with his sexy singing voice. Mia feels like the luckiest girl in the world, until she discovers that Mr. Perfect is not Mr. Faithful. Mia is devastated. Everything she once believed about Declan and their marriage is now covered in a big cloud of doubt and regret. On impulse, she kicks the cheating bastard out, pushing them into a separation that could mean the end of the picture-perfect couple.

But when Mia receives an invitation to her high school reunion, she finds herself abandoning the present for the oh-so-alluring pull of the past. Although her heart still belongs to her husband, inescapable thoughts of her crush, Noah, resurface. And ten years later, Noah isn’t afraid to make his move. When the build-up of fantasies and ‘what ifs' comes to a head, sparks fly and it’s Mia’s turn to question if her marriage is everything she wants out of life. Searching for answers, Mia dives head first into dating Noah, falling further away from her husband and closer to her old flame.

But Declan’s not giving up so easily. Mia is his one and only and he’s not about to let another man win her heart.


Buy Man of My Dreams on Amazon

Double Review

Kathy) When I heard other bloggers saying that they stayed up all night reading and texting about this book I knew I HAD to read it. It was seriously drawing me in! I am also a sucker for books that have high school loves in them. It is my weakness!

Angela) Honestly, I can't believe I read this book. I have a few hard and fast rules about the books I read. One of them is that I do NOT read books that involve cheating. I go out of my way to insure that that there isn't cheating in the book before I read it. Oh, sometimes I can't help it, especially if I'm reading an advanced copy of something, but if I'm reading a book that is already released, I have a pretty good network of friends that I ask, and they'll tell me. If not, I am the girl that will scour Amazon and Goodreads for the reviews, looking for spoilers if I suspect there might be cheating in a book. Let's be honest, life is already full of sadness and depression, why look for it in a book?!?!

I'm sure I'm not giving away any spoilers, it's written right in the synopsis that Mia finds out her husband isn't Mr. Perfect. I read an excerpt of this book several months ago when the cover was revealed on our blog. I was intrigued then, but not sure I could read it. Kathy totally talked me into stepping outside of my comfort zone, and I'm SO glad I did.

Kathy) I'm the same way Angela – cheating is a big hot button for me too! I just had this feeling that I HAD to read this book. Plus I figure if I have to suffer through all of this angst... I'm totally dragging my friend down with me so that we can whine about it together! It was really great to read this book with friends... I loved discussing sex dream hair! Ha! But all joking aside.. this was a very serious book with very serious topics and ramifications.

Angela) This book was a total eye opener for me. I really think that every married woman should read this book. The characters were SO real, and each one had strengths and weaknesses that made you think about the situation HARD.

Kathy) It's a book that really had me thinking about and analyzing my own marriage. The misunderstandings that occurred as well as the reactions were very realistic. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. I remember thinking “did that really just happen?”. Then I'd go back and read it again and think about it. That's the great thing about this book... it had me guessing, thinking, analyzing, and talking about it!

Angela) Mia's internal description of what it is like to be a stay at home mom of small children is just so dead on accurate, it made me laugh. Of course, you don't laugh for long at this story. It is an emotionally wrenching tale of what can happen in a marriage when you aren't diligent with your relationship. 

Kathy) The opening sequences of Mia with her kids had me laughing too! It really helped me connect with her character – I could understand her. I could sympathize with her life and thoughts and feelings completely. That being said... there were a lot of choices she made that I did not agree with.... but you could see her thought process. In the end, even if they weren't choices I would have made, I did understand why she made them.

Angela) I think Mia is one point in the book that Kathy and I disagreed on. I didn’t disagree with Mia’s actions. Her decisions were based on her pain and her need to move on. I can’t say that I blame her. I love having a friend to read a book with at times like these, even when we disagree!

Kathy)I also loved the organization of the book... alternating between the present and the past gave us great insight into the relationships. Each chapter was placed with purpose giving another piece of the puzzle. I especially loved the surprise point of view changes!

Angela) The Point of View changes were really organized, so you knew what was coming, and I enjoyed it also. It is SO hard not to blurt out what happened in the book right now!!! Please, in the name of all that is holy, read this book, and email us so we can talk about it with you guys! 


Kathy) YES! We can definitely agree on that! Go read this book. Right Now. Stop reading this review and go read Man of My Dreams! Any novel that had me texting at all hours of the night to my friends is a 5 star book for me. I literally could not put this one down.... unless I was racing to my phone to text about it. I thought the storyline, the pacing, the organization, the feelings, the points of view changes, the characters – everything was just a work of art that fit together beautifully. I'm eagerly anticipating the next book from Faith Andrews. She's on my auto-buy list now! My one-click finger is ready!

Angela) This is Faith Andrews first book, and I was absolutely AMAZED! I’m also giving it five stars, and here is why: I was a MESS while I was reading it, and when I was done, I forced my husband to listen to me tell him THE ENTIRE STORY! Then we had to discuss it, and I may or may not have cried, and he may or may not have had to comfort me. That is all I’m going to say. Married ladies, READ THIS BOOK! Five Stars!


No comments

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!