Review: INFINITE POSSIBILITIES by Lisa Renee Jones

Secrets and lies. They are everywhere: haunting her, tormenting her. In the midst of it all, he’d been her escape, her passion. The only person she’d trusted in six years. And then he’d made her doubt that trust, cutting her deeply. But as she’d once told him, she was damaged, not broken. She is ready to fight and not just for survival. She is fighting for the truth and she won’t stop until she has it, not even for…him
Add to GOODREADS
ARC provided by author.

Review

Warning if you have not read Escaping Reality this review may contain spoilers.

I was smart this time, I hate cliff hangers with a passion so I refused to pick up the first book until I had Infinite Possibilities in my hand. I absolutely loved the first book. I devoured it in one sitting. At only 200 something pages it’s easy to do, especially when I just wanted to keep reading so I could find answers. So when it ended in a huge cliff, I was pissed. There are so many secrets and lies, I wasn’t sure who Amy should trust. I was mad because not one question was answered and there were even more secrets revealed at the end. My gut was telling me that Liam wasn’t involved but the last scene where Amy overhears Liam and Derrick talking had me questioning their whole relationship. So with the second book in hand I was able to jump in feet first and see where this story was going to go.

Infinite Possibilities picks up right where the last book left off. Amy is running from Liam. She isn’t sure who to trust. She is lost and completely alone, but she wants her life back. The problem is she isn’t any closer to finding any answers. Who is hunting her and why? Who is her handler? What happened to her parents? What do they want from her? Amy is determined to find out. Oh and so was I because at this point I needed to know something.

Amy drove me crazy in this book. I couldn’t help it, I wanted to strangle her. She is so confused about her relationship with Liam. She knows he will find her but at the same time she has done everything she can to stop him. Liam is unable to convince her to “Run to me. Not from me.” She is so confused, which I can see why, I mean I’m not sure I would trust him either. I get that but what drove me crazy is how easily she trusted other people. If I had people trying to kill me I’m pretty sure I would trust NO ONE! Ugh, that was just one of my hang ups with her. Throughout the book her blackouts get worse. I loved seeing her memories come back to her. Yes they weren’t all pretty but I loved the way Lisa Renee showed how powerful the mind is and how it is able to black out things in order to protect us.

Liam on the other hand I loved. He is bossy, dominating and takes charge. He is determined to keep Amy safe and uses his resources to make it happen. I just wish we would have gotten to know him a little better. In the first book he takes off to clean up his father’s mess, and I wanted more of his background to explain why that was so difficult for him. I know that it was explained but I wanted to get to know him better. . It is mentioned in this one a little about his childhood and how he came into his money but it was told rather than shown. I just wish this book would have been longer and there was more of a development with the characters.

The story doesn’t really come together until the end and I felt like it was rushed. Most of the questions I had in the first book were answered but I was still confused when it ended. I guess that is where the third book will come in. Ugh, once again I hate cliffs so I wasn’t too happy about that. I’m hoping that the third book will have a little more insight as to what happens and who is behind it all. So until then I’m stuck thinking about this book and pondering over why certain things happened.
 

Purchase

No comments

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!