Review: TRIALS by Sarah Biermann


"They think Jeremy murdered her."

Drugs pushed them away...will murder bring them together?

Since losing the rock star love of her life, Harvard Law student Dylan Ackhart is doing the best she can to move on. Now in her third and final year, she's doing well in school and just landed her dream internship in Boston's District Attorney's office. She keeps away from the news so she doesn't hear about Jeremy Mason- about his frequent parties, new women, and apparent drug use.

But when the body of a young girl is found in his home, suddenly Dylan and Jeremy are thrust together in the most difficult and awkward of circumstances. Dylan is forced to choose between the only man she ever loved and the only dream she ever wanted. Will she leave everything behind and be with Jeremy? Or will Jeremy find himself in more trouble than she can help him out of?

Add to GOODREADS.
ARC provided by author.

Review


Trials is the sequel to Tracks and picks up two years later where Tracks left off.  Dylan is now in her third year at Harvard and trying to make a life for herself.  She has her dream job and is doing everything she can to forget about Jeremy and move on.

She’s working at the local District Attorney’s office and finds herself brought face to face with Jeremy when he is brought up on charges after a girl’s body was found in his house.  She is trying so desperately to believe his is not guilty but yet is trying to stay mad at him since their relationship ended.  She doesn’t believe that the man she loved is capable of such a crime and is pulled in all different directions.  But, she can’t deny the chemistry they share and it is hot!!

Jeremy is certainly a changed man and I am really surprised at how far he has come since the first book.  He seems to be a man who is still in love and knows what he wants.  Yet, he sees her happy with her life and thinks he doesn’t deserve her.

“You’re mine.  You’ve always been mine and I’ve always been yours.” – Jeremy

Throughout the case, Dylan is so torn on whether to keep her career that she has always wanted or the man she can never get enough of.    I love how their relationship progresses and it is not an easy road for them.  They know that to be together that hearts are going to be broken and relationships will be destroyed. 

“I’m only happy when I’m with you.  I’m only comforted when you comfort me.  I only feel safe when you shelter me.” – Dylan

I must say I wasn’t sure how this book was going to start out because I so desperately wanted them together. I was not disappointed at all and also give this one 4 stars.  I am so glad that I got to read them together and not have to wait to see what happened.

Purchase





No comments

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!