Review: Tears of Tess by Pepper Winters

A New Adult Dark Contemporary Romance, not suitable for people sensitive to grief, slavery, and nonconsensual sex. A story about finding love in the strangest of places, a will of iron that grows from necessity, and forgiveness that may not be enough.

“My life was complete. Happy, content, everything neat and perfect.Then it all changed.I was sold.”

Tess Snow has everything she ever wanted: one more semester before a career in property development, a loving boyfriend, and a future dazzling bright with possibility. 

For their two year anniversary, Brax surprises Tess with a romantic trip to Mexico. Sandy beaches, delicious cocktails, and soul-connecting sex set the mood for a wonderful holiday. With a full heart, and looking forward to a passion filled week, Tess is on top of the world.

But lusty paradise is shattered.

Kidnapped. Drugged. Stolen. Tess is forced into a world full of darkness and terror. 

Captive and alone with no savior, no lover, no faith, no future, Tess evolves from terrified girl to fierce fighter. But no matter her strength, it can’t save her from the horror of being sold.

Can Brax find Tess before she’s broken and ruined, or will Tess’s new owner change her life forever?
Add to GOODREADS

Review

5 Amazing Dark Stars!!

So I've decided that I'm a bit twisted when it comes to my selection of 5 star books. Looking over the list I definitely like the darker ones. You know the books you love and want to tell all of your friends about but you are afraid they will look at you differently? Yep those, I love them. I'm lucky enough that I have a few friends that also love these books! So when a few asked if I had the chance to pick this one up I was surprised that I hadn't even heard about it. So off to Amazon I went! After just the prologue I was hooked. I successfully avoided my husband and kids until I finished the last page. It was that good! I didn't want to be disturbed. Leave Mommy alone she has a dark masterpiece she is reading!

The prologue sealed the deal with this one. Three little words: I was sold! Sold I was!

Tess Snow is happy and content living with her boyfriend Brax. He is a sweet and loving guy. He treats her well but she feels like something is missing. She wants him to take charge and be more dominate in the bedroom and she is hoping that the surprise trip he is taking her on will help their sex life. The problem is Brax is content and doesn't see anything wrong. Tess on the other hand has desires she needs filled.

"I wanted a new label. One that said: girlfriend who will do anything to be tied, spanked, and fucked all over rather than adored. " -Tess

Mexico is nothing like Tess had hoped it would be. She puts her needs out there and Brax is not interested in change. Tess worries that her need in the bedroom is tearing them apart. She loves Brax and is happy with her life but needs more! Can she accept their missionary sex life? Well she doesn't get a chance to decide this on her own because in the first few days of their trip she is kidnapped!

"How could my perfect life plummet so far into hell?"- Tess

Tess is strong though she will not accept her new existence without a fight. That is one of the things I loved most about her. I need a bad-ass to keep me reading! She is determined to get free and back to her old life. There are a few problems though. One she is in Mexico, two she isn't even sure if Brax is still alive and three if Brax is dead there is no one else to look for her. Under these circumstances most people would crumble and accept their fate. Not Tess! She is a fighter and nothing will stand in the way of her freedom! Fight is the only thing she has left! Fight she does! Even after she is sold to Q Mercer that still doesn't change.

Q Mercer is a wealthy French man and Tess's new master. He is dark and delicious. He is a monster, or so he believes. He is dominate, demanding but has a soft side at times. He is everything Tess secretly wanted in the bedroom but her current position as a slave keeps her desires buried deep. Will they stay that way though? Will her desire for freedom or dominance in the bedroom win?

"Never again would I hide my true feelings, or fail to chase what I truly desire. And what I desired most was freedom." - Tess

Well if you want the answer you need to read Tears of Tess! I refuse to tell you more about this story! I went into this one blindfolded and I'm so glad I did! I liked not knowing much about the book before I started and I think it made the impact it had on me some much bigger! I loved every dark minute of it! It had everything I look for in a dark book! Even during those times when I cringed and thought to myself what type of sick fuck are you that you enjoy this stuff I couldn't put it down! I kept reading and even went as far to listening to it in the car when I had to leave the house. I was so absorbed I couldn't wait until I got home to finish it. I had to know what the future had in store for Tess! I needed to know what had happened to Brax! Was he dead? Was anyone looking for her? Would she always be a slave trapped away in some rich man's house or would she be let free? Would her desires be fulfilled? Was Q really the monster he thought he was? I needed to know! Oh and the outcome was so worth it! Hello book hangover! I needed a minute to process this one! The best part is there will be a second book! I can't wait to read more from Pepper Winters she is talented and writes books right up my alley! Loved this one! If you want a dark book I highly recommend it!

Purchase

No comments

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!