Review: FALLING STARS by Charles Sheehan-Miles

Crank Wilson and Julia Thompson love each other madly. But after Crank’s huge mistake during the summer, on the road with Crank’s rock band Morbid Obesity, they aren’t getting along.

Sean Wilson and Carrie Thompson are the seventeen year old younger siblings of Julia and Crank. Carrie is on her way to New York to start college at Columbia University and Sean is on his way home to Boston. For the next five days, they’re stuck in a car. Along the way, they’ll contend with screaming matches, giant spiders and a 240-pound pissed off Marine.


And the whole way, Crank will be faced with one question. After he screwed up so badly, is there any way he can win Julia back?
Add to GOODREADS.
ARC provided by author.

Review

Once again I was impressed by the writing of Charles Sheehan-Miles. I'm a huge fan of the Thompson Sister's series. "A Song for Julia" is my favorite book out of the three. I was excited to get my hands on this novella to get more of Crank and Julia's relationship. Although these two are total opposites they are perfect for one another. I was surprised to see that they were having troubles while out on the road with Crank's rock band Morbid Obesity. Jealousy can destroy any relationship and it is threatening to rip these two love birds apart. Their relationship is damaged when they hit the road across the country with their siblings. While these two are barely speaking Sean and Carrie are along for the ride during this awkward time. The conversations between Sean and Carrie cracked me up. They are both such science geeks and I loved the interaction between the two. Sean has really grown up and I loved his character in this novella. He was my favorite part. It was also nice to get to see Carrie while she was younger. I was super excited when they make a pit stop to visit a very special person from Julia's past. 

This novella reminded me why I fell in love with Crank and Julia in the first place. It was so well written. I laughed, I felt the struggles and I was reminded what love can over come. I loved every minute of it and I hope there will be more books in this series. 

Purchase


No comments

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!