Review: WILD CHASE by L.A. Bressett

"Music is a Moral Law, It Gives Soul to the Universe"- Plato

Sometimes it doesn't matter how long you know a person. The effect they can have on you can happen after four seconds or four years.


In Chase Taylor's case - it's both.


Avery McGuire doesn't just flip on a light inside of her - he sets a blaze to everything holding her back. After only a week together, he has to leave, but he strikes a match before walking away that won't easily burn out.

Four years later, Chase finds herself face to face with the boy -now rock star - who changed everything. The same one she still can't admit to falling head over heels in love with. She has no idea that her world is about to get rocked, in more ways than one.
Add to GOODREADS.

Review:

Wild Chase is a book that I had on my TBR list so when I got the chance to read it for a review, I jumped on it.  I was hooked from the start and ended up staying up til 2 am to finish reading this.  I am a big fan of rocker books and now a big fan of this series!

Chase Taylor is 18 and is suffocated by her parents.  She has no freedom, no TV, and no cell phone.  She has always loved music so when her best friend Vic helps her sneak out to perform, her life is forever changed.  While there, she bumps into Avery McGuire.  He is 21 and visiting from New York.  Chase and Avery’s week together is one they won’t soon forget no matter how much they try.  Avery opens Chase up to the world and makes her want things she never dreamed possible.

            “I’ve loved you since the moment I watched you on that stage, Chase” - Avery

So four years later, Chase is living in California and trying to make a life for herself.  Little does she know that when she agrees to help Vic out, she runs into Avery.  She is not the All-American prim and proper girl he fell for all those years ago.  Avery’s band has made it big but when he sees something about this strange girl that refreshes his memory, he is shocked!!  Of course, to add to the mix, Avery has a girlfriend of two years and is determined to only be friends with Chase.

Chase tries her best to move on but when she is around Avery, it takes all the willpower she has to stay away.  I love how you could feel the sparks flying from even the little things as a stolen glance.  I mean, with hot and sexy Avery, who wouldn’t be hot?  Wow!!

                                    “You are my home, Avery.  You always have been.” – Chase

This book has some twists that I wasn’t expecting which made for a truly great read.  I fell in love with Avery right from the start.  Then, a little deeper with his band mates.  I love the passion they have for each other.  I could tell Chase was so torn in what she was trying to feel and what she was trying to deny.  She was so afraid of being hurt again.   I give this 4 stars and say bring on more of this series.

Purchase

No comments

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!