Review: STARDUST (Peaches Monroe #1) by Mimi Strong

There I was, minding my own business at Peachtree Books when this lunatic comes racing in the door and knocks me into his arms. I would have ripped him a new one, but he was kinda familiar, and hot. Like I-want-to-have-your-sexy-babies-now hot.
Turns out he looks familiar because I stare at his gorgeous face on TV every week. Yup, Dalton Deangelo. In the oh-so-firm flesh.
I let him hide out from the press for a while, then I thought he'd be on his way, and I could breathe normally again. But no. He found me interesting. He wanted to tag along to my cousin's wedding with me. I couldn't say no to that face ... or THOSE EYES. Before the night was through, he was saying sweet things, then dirty things. Very dirty things.
I try to keep my eyes wide open. I've made terrible, stupid mistakes in the past. But Dalton Deangelo's touch turns me to Jell-O.
I'm just a regular girl, and he's rich and famous with no body fat. The guy has a butler! So, why is he chasing me? And why can't I say no? And what is this sordid secret of his the reporters are trying to uncover?

Add to your Goodreads.

Review

Mimi has done it again!!  She never fails to amaze me.  If you are looking for a book that will draw you in, make you laugh, is sexy, and leaves you wanting more then you have to check this one out!!

Petra (aka Peaches) met Dalton in her bookstore, by accident really. Peaches has always been self-conscious of her body image, calling herself “pleasantly chubby”.   Dalton is a big movie star working on a film in her hometown. When she practically falls for him and lays her eyes on him, she calls him her angel.  And luckily, he seems to feel the same way.  Notice, I say “seems”, lol.

“You’re surrounded by light and goodness, and I want to bask in your arms, be in your presence.” – Dalton

Peaches is sassy and has a lot of spunk, which he seems to love and shoots right back at her.  She is used to being alone and when he asks her out, she is utterly shocked.  She thinks he is joking and that he would never want to date her when he could have any woman he chooses. But, he sets his sights on Peaches. Their chemistry makes me want more and more!!  She starts to feel things for him that she has only dreamed about or read about in her books.

“Let’s just be two souls tonight.  Two souls who are made of stardust, and found their way back to each other, the way they were destined to be.” – Dalton

After spilling his secrets to her, she finds herself more drawn to him than ever.  Then, she is offered the job of a lifetime and finds herself wanting a new beginning, and possibly a life with Dalton.  While visiting him, she learns more about him, along with some things that can affect their future.  Is Dalton playing her this whole time or can he seriously love her? 

This book is one of those rare ones that will surprise you and you will be hooked.  I love the witty comments that Peaches can always seem to come up with.  Her attitude is hilarious and I was dying laughing.   I think my husband thought I was a pure idiot I was laughing so hard as Peaches’ sarcasm.   I would rate this book 5 stars and can’t wait to read more of this story, and I can happily say, I am Team Peaches!!!  You won’t have to wait long to get more of Peaches because the next one, Starlight, is coming out September 5th!!  Can’t wait to see what she’s up to now!!

Purchase


No comments

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!