Review: Craving Constellations (The Aces) by Nicole Jacquelyn

"How is it, that someone can make decision after decision attempting to get away from their past and somehow end up right back where they started?"

When Brenna decided to leave the only life she'd ever known, she never thought she'd ever be back. Now, five years later she's running from her clean cut husband straight back to the motorcycle club that raised her... and the man she left behind. She left with a secret, and as soon as she returns the truth will break her carefully constructed life wide open.

Review

Where did this one come from? 4.5 Stars!

I not sure how I missed this one but I'm so happy I found it! What can I say I'm a whore when it comes to these MC books, I can't get enough! I understand they aren't for everyone though. If you don't like violence, dirty mouth bikers or straight up alpha men I wouldn't recommend this book to you. Like most biker books this one doesn't hold back when it comes to the questionable life they live! It isn't all rainbows and butterflies around the MC clubhouse. There is violence, crime, women are treated poorly and the club always comes first no matter what!

Brenna was raised by the VP of Aces Motorcyle Club. Growing up she was part of the MC family. She knew the rules but one night during college she makes a mistake that will change her life forever. Instead of facing the club she runs off and marries a man who she believes will give her a better life.

"I wanted a husband who paid taxes and would take his car to a mechanic for routine maintenance. he wouldn’t get his hands dirty, wouldn’t raise his voice, and wouldn’t carry a gun.’"- Brenna

On paper her new husband sounded perfect but quickly she learns that looks can be deciving. The perfect man she though she married is anything but perfect. He may come from a good family but he is a monster. The grass is defiantly not greener on the other side and the only way to escape her new life and her abusive husband is to go back to the MC for protection.

"My heart told me that nothing good could come from heading back to the place I'd grown up, but I knew we had nowhere else to go. Every ache, every pain, and every bruise reminded me that we had to escape." -Brenna

Going back is the one thing she never expected. Five years ago she turned her back on the only family she had ever known without a word to anyone. Now that she needs them she will have to face her past. Upon her arrival things get ugly, not everyone is excited to see her. Especially MC member Dragon. The two of them shared a forbidden night together all those years ago. In the morning she was gone and when Dragon learned of her identity he had a choice to make, he had to own up to his mistake or cover it up. With help of the only other MC member who saw them together he says nothing and moves on with his life. So you can imagine how much tension is in the air when she returns and a secret she has been keeping all these years is revealed. When the club finds out someone has to pay! Brenna's selfish decision to run off not only put herself at risk but the man she has thought about constantly for the past five years!

"That was the best thing about this club and something I’d always craved growing up. You might fuck up, but the brothers wouldn’t ever act like you weren’t welcome. They’d punish you, but then it would be over, forgotten. You’d be back in the fold." – Dragon

I don't want to ruin any part of this book with spoilers! When I started this one all I had to go on was the synopsis and since it was a shorter book I appreciated the little bit of info it gave. Craving Constellations is a page turner that will grab your attention on page one and keep you interested until the very last page and leave you wanting more. It is steamy, sexy, raw and down right brutal at times. I cringed on several occasion and teared up on others. I loved the dual povs and thought the book was very well written. The only reason I didn't give this one 5 stars is because I wanted more. I felt like it was a little short, but the good news is that it is a series and I can't wait to get my hands on the others! So if you love MC books I would highly recommend this one. 

Purchase:

No comments

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!