Review: ARSEN by Mia Asher

One glance was all it took…

I'm a cheater.
I'm a liar.
My whole life is a mess.

I love a man.
No, I love two men…
I think.

One makes love to me. The other sets me on fire.
One is my rock. The other is my kryptonite.

I'm broken, lost, and disgusted with myself.

But I can't stop. This is my story.
My broken love story.

Add to GOODREADS.

Review

I have a major book hangover after finishing this one. I've been in such a book slump. It has been so long since I've had a book bring out these kinds of emotions in me. I hated it so much but loved it at the same time. 

I'm not going to lie it started off a little slow for me. I picked it up and put it back down a few times but a good friend of mine said it was a must read so I kept going. The first few chapters go back and forth between the past and present of Cathy and Ben's relationship. Although it was slow I think it is necessary to get a true understanding of their relationship and what has brought them to this point. Oh and it helped me fall in love with Ben and build my case against Cathy. Yes you heard right I hate Cathy! She drove me absolutely crazy. I wanted to reach into my kindle and slap the shit out of her. I can't remember the last time I hated a character this much. You see Ben is the perfect husband. He is handsome, caring and perfect and I fell in love with him immediately. 

Even Cathy says, "Ben is always there to clean my tears, hold me in his arms and tell me everything is going to be okay. I couldn't ask for a more perfect husband. I don't know what I would do without him. I love him so much." 

Yep she loves him so much but she cheats! She is freaking crazy I tell you! Who would do something like that to a wonderful man? Cathy that is who. But as much as I hate her I loved her at the same time. She is broken and confused and her world is turned upside down when Arsen enters the picture. 

Arsen, "He's just so fuckable and gorgeous. An excellent combination to find in a man when you're single." Key word being SINGLE, which Cathy is not! I know some of you hate cheating, personally it isn't something that discourages me from a good book but it doesn't mean I like it. Arsen is 24 and a manwhore. His father is Cathy's new boss and they have an instant connection but start out as friends. Along the way Cathy's life slowly falls apart and they cross the line. This is when the book really starts to come together. It gets steamy and full on angst! I was gripping my kindle waiting for it all to fall apart and when it does I was gutted. My heart was crushed for Ben and Cathy lost all respect I had for her but I had to see how it was going to end!

"When you were broken, I loved you for the two of us, Cathy. For the Two of us I didn't fucking care...I didn't. I thought my love would be enough, I loved you that much. If you had asked me to cut my own arm off for you, I would have. I would have given you my whole fucking body, Cathy. Only for you." Ben

As you can see gutted. Who does that to someone like Ben? I was speechless with how this book went down. When you read as many books as I do you kind of expect certain things to happen and this book throws all that out the window. I sat there and questioned everything that had just happened. My feelings were all over the place. I cried and told anyone who would listen that they needed to read this book. I went back to this passage in the book that I think explains it perfectly....

Love is infinite. 
There is no beginning and no end.
There's no starting point and no
finishing line.
Love just is.
Love is born, grows, matures, and 
sometimes it dies.
But the memory will remain with you
for the rest of your breathing hours.
You fall in love, you fall out of love.
But you will love again.
You always do.

So if you are looking for a emotional book full of passion, love, angst, devastation and heartbreak pick up Arsen! When you finish and need someone to talk to you I'll be here! 

Purchase


No comments

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!