Review: Seize Me (Breakneck #1) by Crystal Spears


Winter Belov was the sweet innocent one in her crime family, the dutiful daughter that never disappointed her father. One day, her father does the unspeakable. When he turns his back, Winter flees across the country, taking her life savings with her, determined never to enter that sort of lifestyle again.

No longer innocent, she now lives in Nevada. Lana is her best friend and the only family Winter has. Together, they are two of the best exotic dancers in the county. While working a shift, Pyro, Lana’s long time crush, propositions Winter. He begs her to do a private gig at Breakneck. She accepts, with the condition that Lana dances with her.

When Winter’s eyes lock with Braxxon Breaker's, the President of Breakneck, she realizes she is no longer free; she has been seized. He is everything she is running from but at the same time, everything she wants. Braxxon will not take no for an answer, and purposely disrupts Winter’s life.

Rivals of Braxxon’s club are vicious and they do something that will have him out for blood. Winter's and Braxxon’s relationship is anything but a normal one. If they want to be together, crimes must be committed, friendships will be broken and people are going to die.

What happens when all that chaos mixes with Winter’s father locating her? It will be a bloodshed when Winter and Braxxon seek revenge and take no prisoners.
A letter from the Author
Dear Readers,
You will have questions all throughout this novel; those questions will be answered as you continue to read Seize Me. I would also like to warn you that I did not hold back on any details with certain aspects of writing this novel and some areas might be difficult for you to read. I wanted to make my fictitious world gritty, raw and full of angst. Nothing is held back. So here is my warning before you enter the world of ‘Breakneck’. If you can’t stand reading about drugs, violence, sex, murder and vengeance, then this isn’t a world for you. It also contains explicit language and some rape scenes. Although I thank you for purchasing my novel, I feel it is my duty to warn you ahead of time.
Sincerely, Crystal

Review

Let me start by saying that I know most of you have already heard about this book, people either love it or it wasn't for them. I understand that this book is not for everyone but I think everyone needs to judge it for themselves. Make sure you read the warning from the author above first. The Breakneck World is ugly! Lots of drugs, rape and violence. Those are some of the reasons why I loved it. Personally I love a book that takes risk. I give extra stars to authors who push boundaries and step out of the norm. I love action and I love dark books and Seize Me has all of that! This book seized me and ruined me from reading the same old boring love stories. I thought about it for days after I finished. Crystal Spears holds nothing back in this one! She takes you on a crazy journey filled with angst, drugs and sex. Seize Me is raw, sexy and gritty! It will grab your attention on the first page and hold it until the end. You will think WTF, I can't believe she went there! I laughed, cried and gasped several times!

Braxxon is the hot as hell alpha male president of the Breakneck MC. For his 30th birthday party his VP Pyro gets Winter "Angel" and her best friend Lana "Hazel" to pole dance for him. Winter wants nothing to do with this party but she is willing to put all her feelings aside to help out Lana since she has her eyes on Pyro. Winter is running from her past. She left everything behind after her father kills her boyfriend in front of her. She flees hoping to start over and never get involved in that type of lifestyle again. This party is the last thing she wants to do but Lana is the only family she has now so she goes. Winter has no idea what to expect when it comes to the President. She pictures a fat old guy and has no clue what is coming.

"In the moment where my mind, body and soul are assaulted I know that I'll never be the same ever again. Braxxon has seized me and something tells me he isn't letting me go." Winter

The chemistry between the two of them is explosive! Once Braxxon lays eyes on Winter he has to have her and will stop at nothing to win her over. He disrupts her life and she gets pissed. That is one of the main things I love about Winter she is bad- ass! She doesn't take shit from anyone including Braxxon!


He is everything she is running from but at the same time everything she craves. Their relationship is anything but normal. Their relationship is twisted. Drama with the club makes things worse. Rivals of Braxxon's club go out for blood and neither of their lives will be the same. Lines are crossed, blood is shed and the unspeakable happens to Winter. She is strong though and fights back. Like I said she is one bad-ass bitch! Winter comes from a family of crime and this world doesn't scare her off. Yes it takes her sometime to recover but she has Braxxon, Lana and other friends in the Breakneck world that help her come out a stronger person. Braxxon is patient for the most part. Yes there were a few occasions when I wanted to punch him in the face and thought he was a huge fuck stick but he redeems himself. Braxxon actually has a soft side and isn't your typical alpha male. I loved this about him. Just because he is alpha doesn't mean he has to be an asshole all the time! He would do anything for Winter and he does!

"Winter for my hottest summer days. She's the angel for my hell."

If you love darker books and love a good wow factor you don't want to miss this one. This book shocked the hell out of me. I had no clue what was going to happen next and just when I thought something was going to happen I was thrown for a loop. Not just any loop but a huge one. Yes there were moments when I wanted to cover my eyes and scream! My husband kept looking at me like I was crazy but I was so sucked in I couldn't put the book down. This is by far one of my favorite books this year. I loved every minute of it and didn't want it to end. I loved all the characters and can't wait to read ZZ's story next. So pick up Seize Me and fall in love with the Breakneck MC because this isn't a book to miss. The best part is you won't have to wait forever for the second Breakneck Book, Withstanding Me is due to release on September 6.

Purchase 


No comments

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!