Review: Keep Me Still by Caisey Quinn

Scarred by loss, Layla leaves her hometown of Hope Springs, Georgia, hoping to put her painful past behind her and start over in college in California. When she runs into Landen at freshmen orientation, she has a choice to make. Reinforce those steel walls she's built up around herself or give the only boy who can keep her still a second chance.

Landen’s more than ready to tear down those walls, but this time when they come crashing down, they might bury her

* This special edition of Keep Me Still includes the novella,Let You Leave:Layla Flaherty had the perfect life, or close to it. Until a stranger gunned her parents down right in front of her, leaving her with seizure inducing PTSD. After years of trying to pass as normal and failing miserably, she resigns herself to being invisible. But new to town Landen O’Brien sees her, and he likes what he sees. Much to Layla’s surprise, he doesn’t freak out when she has a seizure in front of him. He does the exact opposite, calming her until the tremors subside. But Landen has secrets of his own. Secrets that will either bind them together or tear them apart.

Review

HELLO HANGOVER, book hangover that is. 

“The boy who saw me at my worst and kept me still.”

I adore Caisey Quinn, if you haven’t read Girl With Guitar you definitely need to go check that out. So when I heard she published a new book (which was a surprise I might add, since I openly admit to stalking her) I HAD to read it. RIGHT then. Caisey Quinn has outdone herself, I adored Keep Me Still. It is one of those books once I started I couldn’t focus on anything other than the characters and the story. It’s beautiful and heartbreaking and sexy and I already want to read it again.

I read the special edition of Keep Me Still that included the Let You Leave novella. This edition will be available until November, get you copy soon; I promise you don’t want to miss this novella! Let You Leave connected me to the characters so much more than I think I would have otherwise. I got to know Layla and understand her issues and illness. I got to see her fall in love with Landen. Seeing them fall in love was a beautiful thing. This novella and its words and characters did something that very few books can accomplish, it made me CRY. REAL TEARS. I was heartbroken with its ending.

Luckily, Keep Me Still was sitting there just waiting for me to jump right into, so of course that’s what I did! Layla is going off to college and Landen is the last person she expects to see on campus. They had me caught up in the story right from the get-go as they struggle to figure out what to do about each other as well as the secrets they are both carrying around.

We both have secrets….Wonder if they’ll bind us together or tear us apart?”

We get dual POV which I thoroughly enjoyed. It was nice to see how Layla and Landen were both struggling to figure everything out. Should they or shouldn’t they. I know I was always rooting for them! And I loved their love. So sweet but fierce.

“It’s love. Plain and simple. You love someone, you show it. Every day, up until your last.”

Sexy. Keep Me Still is so sexy. I was fanning myself at times. Landen sure know what to do with a milkshake and a cherry. *fans self just thinking about it* And it's funny. Keep Me Still definitely has some laugh out loud moments thanks to Corin and Skylar, their friends from college. I loved every scene with them. They were a great addition to the story.

Caisey Quinn has written a unique, beautiful, and emotional story that touched my heart. Keep Me Still broke me but luckily put me back together. I can’t easily explain just how much I loved this book, but it did move to one of my top reads for this year! I can’t wait for more Layla and Landen in the follow up novella, Hold Us Close.

“But sometimes we have to let things happen to us, you know? Even uncontrollable things that might turn from bliss to shit before we can rein it in. Because that’s living. Things have to happen, you have to go on scary adventures, follow your heart, and let it lead you down dark alleys that may dead end in a pit of despair. Otherwise you’re just existing, and who the hell wants to settle for that?” 

Purchase

 B&N

1 comment

  1. I’ve nominated you for The Versatile Blogger Award (http://versatilebloggeraward.wordpress.com/). That link has the information, if you should choose to accept. Thanks for being so awesome!

    ReplyDelete

All comments welcome!