Review: Escaping Me by Elizabeth Lee




All she wanted to do was forget. Forget the memory of walking in on her boyfriend in the middle of, well, another girl. Forget how she had her entire life planned out. And, forget about being perfect all the time. Unfortunately, she was Whitney Vandaveer and despite the fact that she moved to the middle of nowhere – she couldn't.

He always knew he would never be more than nothing. No job, no money, no future. Cole Pritchett had accepted the fact that he would always be the screw up and he was okay with it. Until he met her.

Here's the thing they quickly found out – sometimes we all need a little help escaping who we think we are.

Add to Goodreads.

Review

First and foremost, y’all, I LOVE Cole Pritchett. My newest book boyfriend. FOR. SURE

“I am the proverbial moth to his flame. I want-need-to be near him and find out everything I can.”

Escaping Me was one of those books I started and didn’t want to put down. It’s got everything I want in a book; great storyline, relatable characters, fun dialogue, a good bit of sexy times, a little booze and a oh so hot male lead. See, I’m infatuated with Cole Pritchett!

I loved the way the book started, we learn a lot about Whitney in the first few pages and then she passes out. It’s just from the heat but still. In a way it was cute since Cole swooped in and saved the day! Although Whitney doesn’t know that, I mean she is passed out and all. But the story kept me interested from there on; from when Whitney tries to thank Cole to them becoming “friends” and all the way till the end and their HEA.

“She saw the bad boy in me, and she, being the good girl she is, wants to see what happens when fire and ice collide.”

Whitney is trying to escape the memories of her cheating ex by spending the summer in her mother’s small town and Cole is just trying to stay out of trouble. He’s stubborn and arrogant and I love him. He helps Whitney see who she really is. And she makes him realize he’s worth something.  Their road to happiness isn’t the easiest, someone kept constantly getting in the way, but it was such a fun ride! And oh the steam between the two, I’m fanning myself just thinking out it. Their sexual chemistry just oozes off the pages!

Escaping Me is very well written with vivid descriptions and wonderful dialogue.  Seriously great dialogue, this southern girl loved “as anxious as a one-eyed cat watching two rat holes,” how fun is that?! We are lucky enough to get alternating POV. Elizabeth Lee writes a great male POV, I loved being in Cole’s head.  Not only do I love Cole and Whitney, I loved the secondary characters as well; Mallory, Zeke, Whitney’s mother and even eventually her father. Elizabeth Lee has written a great story full of lust and love, twists and turns, and family and friends!


Purchase


No comments

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!