Review: DESTRUCTIVE SILENCE by L.U. Ann

If you never speak of the past, can it be erased?
Lacey Edwards has a past.
A past which changed her life forever.
A past she is desperate to forget.

Lacey is quiet and reserved compared to her best friend Becca Fox. They became instant friends when Lacey moved to Maryland nine years ago. Becca helped pull Lacey out of her internal shell to experience life. By high school, Lacey was active in the club scene and would occasionally have to drag Becca with her. One night, Lacey realized she might be able to run from her past with the help of Becca and one steamy Caine Rogers.

Lacey didn't know, until it was too late, how feelings, honesty, heartbreak and life altering events can change a person. Lacey has Becca’s support but will that be enough?

Will Lacey sacrifice her own happiness to do what is expected?

***WARNING***
Appropriate for readers 18 & up only!
This novel contains explicit language, sexual situations and abuse that some might find offensive.

Add to your Goodreads!

Review

Destructive Silence is the debut novel by L.U. Ann and I was hooked right from the start!  It has the great friendship of Becca and Lacey but the chemistry between Lacey and Caine is totally hot!!  The passion between them is felt right from the beginning.

Lacey and her best friend, Becca, go out on the town to go dancing, which is their favorite thing to do.  While Lacey is quiet and more reserved, Becca is one that will keep you laughing throughout the whole book.  Once I read Becc-lish language which is her CRAZY way of saying almost anything, I definitely fell in love with her too.   While at the club, she runs into Caine, hot and sexy Caine.

                                                             “He is sex on a stick.” – Lacey

They share one night together and she runs from him and her feelings.  Lacey has a past which she is trying to forget but Caine wants her to let him in.  He pursues her and she decides to try dating him. 

“You are my world.  I don’t want anyone else.  I want and need you.  You make me better.” - Caine

Little did she know, she would end up pregnant. 

Caine and Lacey decide to move forward and do what they need to do for them and their baby.  But, Caine seems to have another side that she doesn’t know about.  He’s moody and downright mean and I just wanted to slap him around a little bit.  But Lacey has so many mixed feelings toward him.  She knows she still loves him, but will her love be able to save him?

“My feelings for this man are so intense I cannot think straight when I’m in his presence.” - Lacey

Caine is a man that I grew to love and hate.  I would be so amazed at how tender he could be and then I was furious with him.  Lacey is so lost in their relationship and as much as she tries, he is a force to be reckoned with.  He wants her, then he doesn’t.  Does he ever make up his mind or will it be too late for them?  To me, Caine is like a drug, one that you can’t get enough of.

This is such a great book and I had a rollercoaster of emotions from happy to sad to angry.  It’s one that you don’t want to miss and I hope to be getting a lot more from L.U. Ann in the future.  This is one of heck of a ride with sweet little Lacey, crazy and wild Becca, and Caine, who I seem to be unable to figure out, but definitely want more of!!  

Purchase

2 comments

All comments welcome!